Anyone tried various 1x2 & 2x12 cabs with their Friedman?

romanianreaper

I just got a JJ Jr. the other day (outstanding amp and love it!) and thinking of getting a cab to go with it rather than just direct XLR. I originally was just going to get a 1x12 but have been wondering how a 2x12 compares with it and if it is a huge difference.

My other consideration is speakers. I know the 4x12s come with both V30s and Creambacks but the 2x12 is just V30s. I was curious what everyone is using if they are using a 2x12 and how you like the V30s only versus having a V30/Creamback mix?

Thanks!

I have a Friedman 212 cab and it is fantastic! However, I am looking to move to a 1x12 cabinet just for even easier portability. I am possibly going to grab one of the matching JJ cabs for this head. I am now always running my head direct to the board with he WAZA unit now. I had a very cool custom Friedman 1x12 that I sold last year (idiot move on my part!). It sounded great with my BE-50 head.

As an update, I sold my Friedman 212 last week as well as my BE-50 the week before. Yup...sad to see them go. A fantastic and great sounding setup.

I moved to a JJ Jr. for a few reasons. I was in need for an amp that was lighter for me to take to my gigs and rehearsals and I needed a bit less space taken up in my studio space. I got my Vintage 112 last week to match the head and it is a beautiful setup. I really like the Creamback 65 with this amp much better than the V30. No complaints at all. It gets plenty loud for gigs. If I need more, I use it with my Waza TAE and I need nothing else.

I have a smallbox and found a used friedman 2x12. was good with vintage 30s but way better with greenbacks in it for the smallbox imo.....

I have v30's in my favorite 4x12, a Wizard, and they sound amazing. However, I hated v30's in both of my Friedman 212's. I now have an Alnico creamback/ h75 combo in one and redbacks in the other. Both are big improvements.

I had the open back Friedman 1x12 and did not like it at all. I have a couple of the closed back 1x12's now but use them exclusively for wdw cabs. The 2x12 is a far better sounding cab than either of the 1x12 versions.

I demoed the JJ jr. on multiple occasions prior to purchasing & I played it through a Friedman 2x12 with V30s and a Randall 2x12 w/ V30s and thought it sounded great.

When I brought it home, I played it through a G12K100 loaded 2x12 in conjunction with an EVH 412 loaded with Heritage greenbacks and it killed.

Back