Upgraded my 412/15 cab today.

RyeDaddy

I’ve had the 412/15 cab for a while and liked it as-is except that fat girl needs casters. Bad.

The G12H30 Anniversary has never been my thing, but it sounds good mixed with the 15” Fullback once you beat them a bit. Still, I love to tinker and tweak. So a couple months ago I ordered some G12m65 Creambacks for the top slots and put them in. The cab instantly became super Greenback sound on ’roids. Really smooth and middy like you expect, but with a much bigger bottom than an all Greenback cab could deliver.

I missed the top end and wanted even MORE bottom, so last week I ordered a pair of G12H75 Creambacks and since I was gonna have the cab apart anyway I ordered a set of Slide-Lock 3” casters from Mesa to get it all done in one go.

Today I finally put it all together, soldering speaker leads and drilling pilot holes for caster bases, blah blah. So now this beautiful checkered cloth beast is mobile and even better sounding than before.

The G12H75 is soooo much better than the G12H30 for me. Bigger bottom, smoother high end with same easy but present mids. And now the cab can handle at least 300w, so I can use it with any of my amps and not worry about hearing that crackle of a voice coil burning up.

I only had today off, so no time for recording or clips but if anybody catches up with this in their search, the 412/15 is a RIGHTEOUS MEAN CAB and can deliver old school and modern tones (Zeppelin to Lamb of God to WHATEVER YOU WANT) but it’s at least twice as good with H75 Creambacks vs the G12H30. Also, if you dig the old school greenback G12m25 sound but want some more BAWLS, buy this cab and put some G12M65 Creambacks in it. It’ll rock your socks off. Point being, yeah it’s expensive but it’s Amazing as is and DAMN good lookin’ but also can deliver what regular old 412’s can’t with a little extra $$.

Back