Adding the Saturation Switch to the Small Box

Rollerball

To those that have added this mod is it worth it?
I shipped my Small Box over to Mr. Friedman for some maintenance and figured that I should consider having it modded since it's already going to be there.
The saturation switch supposedly adds gain to both channels but, unlike the "WW" mod, there is no way to control the volume so I assume there is some lowering and some compression.
Does this make running an OD or a clean boost result in too much gain to be useable when using it in conjunction with the sat switch on?

dont know about the SB but the sat on my be100 works only on the be and hbe channels. when activated there is tons more gain. yes the vol lowers and more compression also. never tried it live but works great at bedroom volumes.
hyperdrive. lol

I had it added to my smallbox combo. I have it always on now. It turns the amp into a completely different animal. You will not need a boost for the BE side. I run a golden pearl on the plexi side with the gain dimed on the amp and its killer. The cleans are still amazing with single coils and when rolling the volume down on both channels. Makes the amp more versatile.

Back