C-45 Switch Rocks

mulletmule

So I finally flipped the C 45 switch and left it on to give it enough time. Absolutely love it! Can't believe I've had this amp and not used it. Who else uses it?

That C45 is great for filling out a nice low gain tone, helping it sound bigger and fuller, not as thin and brittle.
Using the mod switches with regular dialed in amp tones never works for me. Taking the time and dialing in the amp's tone after engaging the mod really makes them more usable. You would be surprised how many just never use them after they flip the switch and the sound doesn't work for them without dialing in the amp again.

Funny story.......
Had a BE100 for years. Les Pauls and SG's mostly. Always used humbuckers.
Finally got around to picking up a nice strat.
Plugged into the BE and......meh.
Flipped the FAT switch on and ...... :rock: :rock: :rock:
Dave shoulda' called it the "Strat" switch :LOL: :LOL:
Yeah, I guess those switches are pretty useful :thumbsup:

I have no idea if this was the intention, but to me it seems as though the C-45 gets the amp a bit more towards a JTM-45 tone. On my BE, I put the gain around 11:00 and it sounds great. I love that early Clapton, Eric Johnson tone.

Again, I have ZERO idea if that's the intention. I also have real 6CA7s in my power section so it is a great fit.

i don't know why the prevailing wisdom is to not use the switches, they kick ass and sound great....that's what they're there for. C45 stays ON on my BE100, sounds awesome!

Does anyone know if this is something that can be added to a BE50DLX as a mod? Or the best way to maybe approximate it - maybe switching the power to 25w (triode), and then the gain structure down to the lowest. Then maybe something with the Response knob? Thanks for any insight!

Skeeter":17nydnur said:
Does anyone know if this is something that can be added to a BE50DLX as a mod? Or the best way to maybe approximate it - maybe switching the power to 25w (triode), and then the gain structure down to the lowest. Then maybe something with the Response knob? Thanks for any insight!

Yes it could be added to a BE50DLX

Back