Friedman Amp Rack’s Low Voltage at NAMM

Adambomb

Hello Dave. @Racksystems

I would really appreciate if you could give some insight about your NAMM mega rack voltage. Which looks to be powered by a Furman PL-Plus. Is the 108 volts correct?? I have the same power conditioner and have noticed that your voltage looks really low, so I thought maybe it was a different model, but nope, it looks like the same PL-Plus series II Furman. What sucks about my area in Kentucky is that at night the voltage gets as high as 126v, but around 122v during the day.
Could you maybe explain exactly what you think happens with the amps running at these low voltages, operation and tone-wise?

What are yall using to drop the voltage of the whole amp system?
Is 108 volts the sweet spot? Thanks a bunch

Lf0yvmu.jpg

Lower voltage will give you more saturation, compression, and usually darker/browner sound.

As for Friedman intentionally running his amps at a lower wall voltage, very doubtful. It's probably a result of shitty power at the show.
If he wanted the voltage of his amps to be lower, the could have designed/built them that way in the first place.

I'm sure it's because of the million amps being used inside the Anaheim Convention center. I was just wondering if that was normal, cause 108 volts it pretty dang low.

Back