JHS LBAB

Mspin

Question for Dave or anyone who can answer.

Would the JHS LBAB benefit me if used in the effects loop of the JJ mini?

Will I get the tone of a cranked master at bedroom level on this amp if I use the LBAB?

Here is a more accurate description…. I have the JJ Jr’s volume on 1 or 2 without the LBAB and then I have the volume cranked on 8 but with the JHS LBAB lowering it to the same level as when it’s on 1-2…..will there be a tonal difference?

RACKSYSTEMS":1uuwg3h4 said:
Not really any different.. maybe slightly different
Thanks Dave I was figuring that with the volume almost all the way up but with a little amp box in the back lowering the volume it would be a slightly different tone due to the preamp tubes would be cooking more then with the volume on 1 or 2 without the volume knob in the back

I run an LBAB in both a JJ jr and a butterslax on the return side after an H9 which is in the loop of both a JJ100 on the left side and either the Jr or the Slax on right side. The JJ100 has a global master which also acts as a return volume for the loop, so in my rig I have JJ100 with channel masters cranked and sending a lot of signal into the H9 but the overall volume level is set by the global master and remains wherever I want it. Without the LBAB on the return line to the Jr or Slax, they would get crazy loud as the H9 is setting output level in accordance with the input signal seen from the JJ100. The LBAB allows me to balance both sides of my rig from an output standpoint, I can crank up the channel masters on the Jr and slax to same levels as JJ100 and control the overall volume with the lbab and JJ100s global master.

Where the tone changes, to my ears, is around 11 oclockish. Meaning, I get a good tone on the Jr. up to 11 o clock, I get what I perceive to be a slightly better tone once the channel master is set at or past 11 oclock. Once I get to 11 oclock though I dont notice any perceptible difference between 11 oclock and lets say 3 oclock for instance. So for me, I find that 11 oclockish seems to be the point where preamp is cooking and no real difference in tone from that point on. I believe I notice a slight, and I mean slight difference when my jr channel masters are below 11 oclockish. 2 cents...

Back