Small Box with 2x10 cab with Celestion Golds?

Lessurf

Once the dust settles here, I am planning to finally get a Small Box. I live local so want to head up to the shop and check it out in person and order there. I have a 2 x 10 cab loaded with Celestion Gold G10s and was thinking of using it with the small box. I have tried the cabinet with my Tone King Royalist 45 combo (JTM 45 / plexi amp) and actually think it sounds solid compared to the stock oversized 1 x 12 cab in the combo (A custom Tone King Eminence). I am not playing out or anything special, but more just curious if I am missing out by not using a 2 x 12 (with all the speaker recs I have seen here)

Thanks and hope everyone is staying healthy and sane

Celestion Golds are great speakers and you should be able to get some killer tones with that cab and a Smallbox.
As to whether you are missing out on something, why not just take the 2x10 Gold cab with you up to the shop and compare it to some of the Friedman cabs with your new SB. Then you'll know for sure.
You could always get Dave to add a variable depth control to fill out the bottom end a bit if you find the 2x10s lacking in that area.

Back