Looking for Metro D Info

progosaurusJ

I bought a used Metro D. Very cool guitar.

The biggest surprise is how good the split coil tones are. Neck pickup split the into clean channel my BE-50 Deluxe is unreal, even the drummer and singer notice last night when we rehearsed. Also lots of great variations by splitting the bridge or neck, or both, and the middle position of the pickup selector. Very versatile guitar.

Curious about the scale length. It doesn't feel like a 24.75 ? The only 25.5 scale guitar I own is a Friedman Vintage T with a Trem, so it's hard to compare the feel and attack to the Metro D.

Big fan of the Friedman guitars.

Thanks Dave.

See many of them listed as 25.5 ? Is that an option ?

Curious, in your opinion, what the difference is in the Alder vs Mahogany body. Mine is Alder, absolutely love the attack, great with the band. Alder contributing to that ? Assuming the mahogany one's smoothen out ?

One last question... the coil tap in mine is the the most useful coil taps I have ever played. Is that some magic or just the pickups sound that great tapped ? I have always found coil taps mostly unplayable, none of the character this one has.

Thinking about ordering one, trying to figure out what I might like or not like. Not many in my area to try out first.

Alder has more cut and mahogany is fuller sounding. Not sure what was done on the splits. might be parallel as that sounds cool.

Back