Jake E Lee inbound, wondering about cabs/speakers

I have a Jake on the way and will be running it through a Friedman 212 with V30s. I was wondering if the amp was voiced around any particular speaker? I know that the Jake is supposed to be voiced fairly aggressively, so I am concerned that it may be a bit "barky" with the V30s. Perhaps Cream Backs or Green Backs are the way to go?

I know that Dave pops in here from time to time. Perhaps he has some advice.

I'll post a tone report and pics when the amp arrives.

Ive heard it through a new Soldano 4x12 v30 cab, a Friedman 2x12 V30 cab and through a Friedman 1x12 Creamback cab. Greatly preferred the Creambacks. Dave says Jake uses Greenbacks so ill have to try it in that.

Ya its super aggro in the upper mids. Tremendous punch. Im just not a v30 lover.

In a couple of recent of vids, pretty sure Jake was using EVH 4x12 cabs that had been painted red with the EVH logo blacked out.
So yeah, greenbacks.
The speakers in the EVH 4x12 cabs are Heritage GB's, but with the red/white EVH sticker on the back.
Those speakers are :rock:

Thanks for the input guys!

Amp arrived, and it is a beast. Really different vibe than the other Friedmans I have had (Small Box & SS100) or played (BE100).

I do think I will order a new matching red cab with cream/green backs.

Copy paste from Thomanns

Friedman JEL 412 Cabinet Red

Friedman JEL 412 Cabinet Red; Speaker Cabinet for Electric Guitar; Matches the Friedman JEL 100 Jake E. Lee Head; The combination of these two different speaker models provides the warmth of the Greenbacks and the power and thump of the V30’s; ; Equipped With: 2 x Celestion Greenback & 2 x Celestion Vintage 30 speaker/s; Cabinet Construction: Closed Back; Power Handling: 100 Watts; Impedance: 16 Ohms; Connectors: 1/4" Jack; Housing Material: Baltic Birch Plywood; Front Grille: Black Cloth; Recessed Side Bar Handles, Non Slip Feet; Dimensions (W x H x D:) 762 x 762 x 356 mm; (30" x 30" x 14"); Weight: 39 kg (86 lbs); Colour: Red; Made in USA

Back