My dirty Shirley just powered down in the middle of olaying

cameron711

Hi all, just looking to see if anyone has advice as to where to start. I was playing my dirty Shirley, nothing to loud, through a ua ox amp top box and right in the middle it just turned off. Indicator light off and no sound. I checked all connections and wall was good. I gave it a few minutes and turned it back on and nothing. I checked the fuse and it appears to be fine...could this be a tube failure or something else???

Did you check both fuses? The mains fuse is just under the power cord socket....little slide out drawer type of thing.

Attachments

• 38F66C9F-42DC-4965-A6D1-369E6D1DED69.jpeg
    38F66C9F-42DC-4965-A6D1-369E6D1DED69.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 315
Thanks for the tip! I just checked that area as well and that fuse does look a little beat up. But I assume if the fuse looks beat up it’s a sign of something else going on? Typically the tubes? Just trying to find out where the buyers points are on the chassis as I found the trim part but just don’t know where to connect my multimeter?

cameron711":2p7ww6kr said:
Thanks for the tip! I just checked that area as well and that fuse does look a little beat up. But I assume if the fuse looks beat up it’s a sign of something else going on? Typically the tubes? Just trying to find out where the buyers points are on the chassis as I found the trim part but just don’t know where to connect my multimeter?
There are no bias points. Pick up a bias rite or a test probe

Back