Uberschall Revision Comparison Thread

You won't regret it. Really an organic amp. I sorely miss mine now that I'm in grad school. :(

This is a great thread. I have a purple mod TJ from tone merchants about a year and change ago. Got it to have that end all in our face metal amp.

As you guys have noted the tone controls are unusual. To me it feels like the mids pull away bas when dialed up, the treble pulls mids. So getting more pronounced mids means higher bass, slightly lower treble and raise the presence, possibly lower the depth but that seems to be effected by overall volume.

I did take it to a friends practice space and used a Diezel FL cab with g100's. Once I got it just Stoopid loud, like how you crank an SLO very loud to make the magic happen, I tell you - the amp levitated and spoke words of metal majesty to us all :rock: :rock: :rock:

You know what I mean. The TJ is not cheap, not a blackface clean, but it was exactly what I wanted. Beat down brutal... And the clean channel does do classic rock, bluesy stuff and modern country, compressor used of course.

It is one of those amps I don't play often, but it delivers perfection in what it is... A fucking beast :rock:

I got a few NOS tubes in this week and have a few others. I will try a sweeter tube in the clean channel slot someone mentioned. Got some various boogie tubes and mutts spanning a decade. My wife is gonna break out the ear plugs this weekend.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to start this thread. The Über is a complex and amazing beast.

No problem. They certainly are, and that's probably why I'll hang onto them for a long time. It still feels like I haven't covered all the possible ground with them. They're deceptively complex amps.

I am kinda surprised at the lack of posts on this thread seeing how old it is. Maybe if it was in the Rig-talk section there would be many more chirps.

Interesting reading. I like the idea of the Ûber with Kts to be honest. A very hi fi and aggressive tone without too much loose bass. One day I'll add the Über to my XTC classic and 20th Shiva. Then I'll be in true Bogner heaven. (Its gonna have to have the metal face though!)

Thanks for all the posts and clips guys.

Yeah, I feel like the EL34s in the Rev 2 and Rev Blue were not the best tube choice for something with such a pronounced low end. It can get kind of muddy and overly compressed. The KT88s in my Rev 2 were just massive. Darker than the Twin Jet, yet just as focused and aggressive.

And yes, this thread would have done well in the main forum, but it would've gotten lost a lot sooner.

leib10":1t25g2hp said:
Yeah, I feel like the EL34s in the Rev 2 and Rev Blue were not the best tube choice for something with such a pronounced low end. It can get kind of muddy and overly compressed. The KT88s in my Rev 2 were just massive. Darker than the Twin Jet, yet just as focused and aggressive.

And yes, this thread would have done well in the main forum, but it would've gotten lost a lot sooner.

:LOL: :LOL: Or some sausage would say they suck, and his Bugera with a Metal Zone would blow em all away :LOL: :LOL:

True. Tone is such a subjective thing, even among the same user and amps. There are some days when I really dig the tone I get, others that I don't. But yeah, there's always that guy who swears that his Line 6 will shit on any high-end amp out there.

Hey man so crazy I happen to run across this on the forum. I ran across this clip on you and it was the first time I had ever heard an uber and I fell in love with the tone. It was so fredaking awesome!!! Do you still have your rev 2?

Lasse Lammert":28mo4vv3 said:
Thanks for doing that comparison!
Here's a clip of my Rev2 with =C= KT88:

WATCH IN HD!

EDIT: just realised that I'd posted this already...sorry for the double

Yes, I'm sure he still has it. He uses it a lot. There are other Uber videos on his channel.

Hey sup folks? Great comments about the the twin jet and the rev2!!! I'm getting the twin jet but I'm thinking in getting the rev2 as well!! If somebody get one for sell please hit me up!! But the amp has to be clean mint!!!! Thanks!

Yo James... Nice score!! Metal grill to boot man, mega score :thumbsup: :rock:

I'll trade ya headshells...nudge nudge... :D

I'm loving the TJ, seriously the Ubers are soooooooooooooooooo kickass.

I love them both!
Bogners.jpg

I want to get my hands on a Bogner so bad... I like the Shiva but it doesn't have enough for me. I understand the 20th Anny's are quite a bit meaner? Gonna be hard to get rid of my Rockerverb, but I think it'd only be for an Uber, 20th Shiva or a Friedman modded Marshall... Tough decision.

Back