Official el34 type Shiva?

dorrus

Hello guys
How can I check if a used Shiva with el34 tubes isn't a modded 6l6 amp.
Can I check something on the amp, to see if it came original with el34's tubes?

I could be mistaken, but I think on the Shiva the transformers are different on the two models. You could email Charley at Bogner and ask him. You will want to know the serial on the amp as the model has undergone several revisions. info@bogneramplification.com

The chassis is labelled right next to the tube sockets.
6L6 would be blacked out, so EL34 would be the only visible marking.

djpatb":2ceygypr said:

Yes there is the tube type labeled on the chassis, but the ink can wipe off and expose the EL34-6L6-KT88 thats printed on there. Couldn't imagine someone doing that, and I only know cause I had a little cleaner on my rag cleaning the back that actually took some of the black marker off the other tube labels and shows all the tube types now.

One way to really check for sure (which will be a PITA) is check the bias resistors near the bias pot on the circuit board.
Or you can very easily just call Bogner, they should know if it's been registered.

Here is why:
I recently purchased a second-hand Bogner Shiva el34, exactly the same model and type that I had eight years ago. ( not the 20th but the older model with two bright push buttons and without the mid shift button ( 2006 ) I was super satisfied with the earlier copy
I am using the same cab as before: a Bogner os212 with v30s Furthermore I have placed the same preamp tubes as before: tung sol in v1-v2 n v3 and the original in the rest.
This Shiva is Fuzzy, fizzy as hell, I never had this problem with my old shiva. I have tried different bias settings, its at 38mv now, the same as my old Shiva
The only difference I know about are the poweramp tubes. I had el34 w"winged C' Svetlanas in the old model and now i'm using TAD EL34B-STR
To me its almost impossible that the tad's are responsible for the bad fuzzy sound.
The clean sound is good, for an acceptable overdrive I have to close almost all the high's and the precense.
Boost on the drive channel is unusable due to the added fizz.
Does anyone have an explanation for this, tips are particularly welcome

Adambomb":xp8pi2dp said:
djpatb":xp8pi2dp said:

Or you can very easily just call Bogner, they should know if it's been registered.

Thanks. i mailed Bogner
Jorg told me its a el34 type from mid 2006

Rdodson":13zhf9ks said:
I could be mistaken, but I think on the Shiva the transformers are different on the two models. You could email Charley at Bogner and ask him. You will want to know the serial on the amp as the model has undergone several revisions. info@bogneramplification.com

thanks for the email info ! Maild Bogner and the reacted within one day.
My shiva is a original el34 type

Back