Uberschall Twin Jet Mod? Maybe?

Duble_E

Hi All. First post. Just picked up a TJ and MAN is this thing nuts! First thing I (like I'm sure the rest of you) do when I get it home is start going over it. First thing I notice before even buying is that the power LED is purple. Doesn't that mean it has the "Purple Mod"? Also check the pic... In all the TJ pics I've looked at I've never seen the Pre slots labelled like this. I wish i had seen the sticker of the name in the bottom right corner. Does this work look familiar to anyone? Thanks!

I would guess yes that it was modded.

I am not sure but at the very least the LED was modded. I do not believe you can just unscrew that and find a purple one that fits exactly on ebay or whatever.

Labeling the pre's and having a purple light does not guarantee a mod but I would say more than likely. I am sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

If not, my recommendation would be to open up the chassis (DO NOT touch anything inside) and take some detailed pics of the guts. Send them to Bogner support. They are always extremely helpful and can more than likely tell you what was done to the amp if anything.

Edit: I think the more important labels would be the ones to the right that you cant really see. Something about 6550 tubes and the name Jim S.???

Thanks guys! Actually the other labels read "V 7,10 Power Tubes" and "KT88 / 6550" there are actually Gold Lion KT88's in her now. the name on the tag is "Jim S McDaniel". I did a google search for that name associated with amp mods and came up empty. Maybe he's the original owner and very, very organized? :confused:

But seriously.. thanks again! :rock:

Duble_E":3q371p0c said:
Thanks guys! Actually the other labels read "V 7,10 Power Tubes" and "KT88 / 6550" there are actually Gold Lion KT88's in her now. the name on the tag is "Jim S McDaniel". I did a google search for that name associated with amp mods and came up empty. Maybe he's the original owner and very, very organized? :confused:

Holy HELL :shocked:
FOUR KT88s in a TJ.....?!?!?!?!?! I can't imagine :worship:

Ventura":2ey3u33h said:
Duble_E":2ey3u33h said:

LOL :LOL: :LOL:
That's the stock setup Reinhold designed the amp around.
However.........
There's a few people on this forum, including me, who think these amps really start to kick ass with a quad of 6550's.
YMMV

fusedbrain":kj9b57nq said:
Ventura":kj9b57nq said:
Duble_E":kj9b57nq said:

LOL :LOL: :LOL:
That's the stock setup Reinhold designed the amp around.
However.........
There's a few people on this forum, including me, who think these amps really start to kick ass with a quad of 6550's.
YMMV

Different amp I know, but the Rev blue Uber with KT77s in it has become one of my favorite High gainers. I do need to try it still with E34Ls though.

Back