NAD- Bogner Helios 100

Christmas came early! Heard the doorbell an hour ago and it was the mailman with my amp. (not the Mod- not sure how I'd feel about that lol) Wasn't supposed to arrive til Wednesday so I am stoked!

Briefly put it through its paces, from Plex input clean to Hot in 80s mode. This is a truly incredible amp. I have a lot of discovering to do, but so far I've gotten the most mileage with bypassing the EQ, and jumping the loop and using it as a master volume.

Many thanks to all who contributed to my Marshall-esque search thread. Not saying this was the best option, but I am loving the tones, harmonics, dynamics and punch I'm getting with this thing. I'm actually excited for Christmas to be over so I can have time to play lol.

Thanks man! Loving it so far. There are a lot of tones packed into this thing. My Bogner collection is really starting to take shape haha

MetalHeadMike":29ur5r9q said:
Bogners rock for sure! The Uber is such an awesome amp, and the 20th anny shiva I had was sick.

No doubt. My brother just got a BE100, and I was nervous this wouldn't stack up. Wrong lol. Different sounds for sure, both great. For what I like to do I prefer the Helios, it seems more raw, peaky and untamed. But I would be happy with either in my house.

misterspockyall":ufg2hq21 said:
MetalHeadMike":ufg2hq21 said:
Bogners rock for sure! The Uber is such an awesome amp, and the 20th anny shiva I had was sick.

No doubt. My brother just got a BE100, and I was nervous this wouldn't stack up. Wrong lol. Different sounds for sure, both great. For what I like to do I prefer the Helios, it seems more raw, peaky and untamed. But I would be happy with either in my house.

Congrats! Great amp for sure. The Helios and BE are actually quite similar design wise. The Helios is basically the Brown Eye channel (with very minor adjustments) with a 3 way bright and SAT switch (70s/80s switch). Its a fantastic amp, enjoy!

Calling all owners, any settings you’ve settled on? My cab finally came in so I’m tweaking settings and seeing how it responds.

I really like it. So much that I haven't played my Uber in quite awhile. It's very bright, aggressive mids and raw. However, with proper EQ it can be made to sound very sweet as well. I thought I'd enjoy boosting the front, but tbh, the 80s mode and the "pre eq" switch sound better than even my best boost pedals, which is a first for me.

All in all, if I had to only have one of my high gain amps, this one would stay. Ymmv

Jesus, I didn’t answer your question. Incredible master volume. Tone wise, it sounds insanely good even at whisper volumes, but the volume jumps are a bit touchy that low. Nothing I’ve played beats the low volume ease of taper on a Friedman

Back