Help, Buying Uberschall, Twin Jett, Clean Channel, Options?

Pain

Hi everyone, I'm about to get an Uberschall and I'm missing specific info to help me. I played one around 2009 and was impressed with the gain tone but not the clean, a friend and I walked away with a VH4 and Herbert that day but now I'm gonna add this to fill out my amp line up.

Starting in what year did Bogner update the Uberschall clean channel?

Was the Twin Jet name given to these new updated Uberschalls?
If not was there a name or anything other than a year to look for?

What tubes make this amp tighter?

Anyone run a tubescreamer like pedal though the amp, results?

I've seen the metal front grill and black face option and it's syck!! Any idea what these options cost and are they still available on new ones?

Thanks, if necessary I'll contact Bogner but I figured super fans are quicker. LOL

Not sure on clean channel update, someone will chime in

Twin Jet is a separate Uber with a mid/high gain channel one, and a tighter version of channel two. However new models (or old ones with the "purple" mod will get clean on channel 1).

I run KT88's (mines a rev blue, but they come stock in a twin jet), but still use a boost to tighten it. Ubers are decently saggy but a mid bump pedal will get you tightened up.

Metal grills are available, but if buying new I think you'd need to contact bogner directly unless I'm mistaken.

Bogner TJ always came stock with the gain taper mod on ch1. Speaking with Jorge about having one of my TJ modded, he said Ch1 was designed to rely on volume roll back from the guitar to acquire a good clean tone.

The purple mod was a modded marshall type mod they do on ch1 you could get as an option. Forget about rolling your guitar volume back to get a clean with this.

I've got a rev blue and use either a TS9 & Savage Drive up front depending on the day, and both work GREAT! Makes the amp super tight but it still maintains the elastic feel under the fingers that I love about that amp...SAG!

Not sure if they tightened it up any really, but I have JJ KT77s in mine now and I think it sounds phenomenal with those tubes and all Chinese 12ax7 pres.

bhuard75":7wlc5g9u said:
Bogner TJ always came stock with the gain taper mod on ch1. Speaking with Jorge about having one of my TJ modded, he said Ch1 was designed to rely on volume roll back from the guitar to acquire a good clean tone.

The purple mod was a modded marshall type mod they do on ch1 you could get as an option. Forget about rolling your guitar volume back to get a clean with this.
And the purple mod is delicious.

Outrageous amp, not for cleans - although you could get there with the guitar pots. But the TJ is my Uber out of the current line-up. And in fact, considering the fact the Rev.2 is really just about the Ch.2 brootz, I'd say the TJ is my fave high-gainer for the brootz out of the Bogner lineage.

2 cents.

I liked mine with EHX6550 tubes, LPS in the PI, and either Svetlana 12AX7 throughout for a smoother tone, or high grade Chinese for grind and teeth.

So purple mod, can it be done via Bogner as a pre-order or do I have to send it in after purchase?

Purple mod makes Chan 1 cleaner or delay the gain knobs rate at which the gain comes in?
Ex. TJ stock chan 1s gain knob at 5 is purple mods at 7 but both at 10 are equal?

Thanks

Had two twin jets, I think Id buy a blsck one personally, twin jet was annoying to dial in to me, but mostly hated the AWFUL fx loop. Destroys the amps tone IMO.

Pain":3dtyiwyk said:
So purple mod, can it be done via Bogner as a pre-order or do I have to send it in after purchase?

Purple mod makes Chan 1 cleaner or delay the gain knobs rate at which the gain comes in?
Ex. TJ stock chan 1s gain knob at 5 is purple mods at 7 but both at 10 are equal?

Thanks
Purple mod DOES NOT make ch 1 cleaner. The gain taper mod allows channel 1 to be dialed in kinda clean which is what the TJ comes with from the factory.

The purple mod hot rods channel one. FORGET about dialing in a clean with the purple mod. The purple mod can be done when a TJ is ordered or you can contact bogner, send them the amp and they will install the mod.

Thanks for the clarification, that's exactly what I was looking to find out with all these mods and color versions. LOL

I definitely want a clean channel so no purple mod if I go that route.

Anyone wanna compare clean channels on the older versions vs the TJ?
Like are green and blue a little more prestine but have that volume matching others didn't like.

There's a local with a Rev Blue that I'd consider if the clean is more prestine than TJ and then I'd KT88 mod the Blue to get the tightness I like vs EL34.

Back