Helios 50 vs Helios 100

nickdaripper94

Hey sorry for spamming you guys with another post but I really want to make sure I get this purchase right. Which helios do you guys prefer the 100 or the 50? I see alot of people online state that they prefer the 50 due to the sweeter tone and have seen some people claim that the 100 is "stiff" and "barky". The only tube amps I have owned have all been 100 watters and I never have considered them stiff or barky (with the exception of a splawn quickrod I had a few years back). Am I over thinking this? If I've been comfortable with 100 watt amps in the past should I just grab a 100w helios?

I love all of the clips I have heard of the 100 online though I realize youtube clips aren't the best way to judge an amp based on the amount of compression added through recording and uploading.

May or may not have just bought one....

Attachments

• helios.jpg
    helios.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 718
I have the 100 watt version, its not stiff at all. I had a Quickrod years ago so I know what you mean! I'd like to try a 50 watt Helios but it seems every time I get a 50w amp I miss the "girth" of a 100 watter! My next amp will be the Helios Eclipse........

Back