I need a blue channel mod for the ecstasy

splatter

I changed R12 and the red channel now has all the gain I want. Does anyone know a mod to bring the blue channel into the same territory? I can't find an accurate schematic and trying to figure out whats what on the PCB is impossible.
Thanks

Interested as well. I have 2 XTC's . Both with the Marvel mod. Wonder if your R12 mod gets you the same Cameron style gain or more gain

John4021":3q7mu83k said:
Interested as well. I have 2 XTC's . Both with the Marvel mod. Wonder if your R12 mod gets you the same Cameron style gain or more gain

Its should be about the same as the Cameron ,that is if I'm correct in thinking that the cameron is putting a 10k reisitor and a cap in parallel with the existing 100k r12.
The mod I did probably gets a little more gain cause I just replaced the 100k with a 2.7k and the cameron mod would give you 9k

Blue is basically Red without 3rd gain stage, which is R12 10K cathode resistor. Blue is 3 gain stages so it won't have Red amount of gain, which has 4 gain stages. To have so, You got to boost Blue with a pedal.

Cameron mod is a variation of factory gain mod, being R12 3rd gain stage cathode resistor bypass, so in parallel and not in series with cathode resistor. Factory mod is 2.7K in series with 0.22uF bypassing R12. Cameron Mod is 10K in series with 1uF. R12 stays still 10K with bypass. Cameron mod has less gain than Factory mod.

If You want more gain for Blue You may bypass R19 1K 4th gain stage cathode resistor with .68uF or 1uF cap, as done in classic Plexis. It will give tad more gain in the mids on all lead channels. In plexi mode it gives classic Marshall crunch to dirty clean.

Regards, Andy

Like Setneck said, the two gain stages of the blue channel feed into the third for the red. You can mod the third stage(which is what you did with the cathode changes) to affect the red. But you can't mod the blue gain stages without affecting the red unless you want to start getting into relays and separate circuit boards.

Yup R19 would be your best bet as it would effect both blue, red and even plexi. I would leave R12 alone via stock 10k and just change R19 personally. But you can try both and see if its to your liking. I have a Cameron modded XTC schematic at home (that I can't share, sorry), I'll have to look at what he has there but i think its a 1uF over the 1k (R19).

Back