Bogner Ecstacy 20th - Boost question.

lpaul626

I have a 20th Anniv Ecstacy that is 3/4 years old. There doesn’t seem to be a change in level when I switch the Gain boost switch on either channel from low to high. In addition, when I fired it up today, I noticed I’m unable to engage the boost on Ch2/3 via the footswitch (the led on the switch doesn’t light up). Could this be a preamp tube? Thoughts?

I also run the amp on half power. I assume you’d still have the L/H option in half power mode?

Thanks!

lpaul626":3czljlgm said:
I have a 20th Anniv Ecstacy that is 3/4 years old. There doesn’t seem to be a change in level when I switch the Gain boost switch on either channel from low to high. In addition, when I fired it up today, I noticed I’m unable to engage the boost on Ch2/3 via the footswitch (the led on the switch doesn’t light up). Could this be a preamp tube? Thoughts?

I also run the amp on half power. I assume you’d still have the L/H option in half power mode?

Thanks!

On the front of the amp, make sure the boost option is set to L then try it again with the footswitch.

BrentSP":141zdd8w said:
lpaul626":141zdd8w said:

Thanks!

On the front of the amp, make sure the boost option is set to L then try it again with the footswitch.

This worked so I have the boost via the footswitch. So I guess I can’t use the gain boost in “high”?

lpaul626":3h6l91b9 said:
BrentSP":3h6l91b9 said:
lpaul626":3h6l91b9 said:

Thanks!

This worked so I have the boost via the footswitch. So I guess I can’t use the gain boost in “high”?
It’s just a front panel boost switch, same as on the footswitch. In the studio, usually session guitarist don’t use a footswich, so all available options are on the front panel in addition to the footswitch........but in order to use the boost footswitch the front panel setting has to be set to low (L). So when you engage the boost from the footswitch it’ll be in high (H).

Back