Bogner Modded Marshall (incl Clip)

Lasse Lammert

I have this killer JCM800 that was modded by Bogner in '89....massive gain beast..
here's a wee clip:

Bogshall

who else here is using Bogner modded Marshalls?
what else is out there? hoe many? which mods? tell me about yours

steve_k":3t46er3i said:
Here, this one is set more as a two channel Plexi, with crunch and clean. The master is bypassed. I think it would go real well in your collection.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89131

Steve

very similar to mine ineed...just mine sounds fucking ace, lol.
If you don't like the sound of yours and it's humming etc it might be defective...but even then, GREAT price.
I gave a brand new VHT Pittbull Ultralead plus 500€ (700$) for mine....
so about 4 times the price you're asking for ;)

If I had the cash I'd actually grab yours and repair it, they're worth a shit ton more than you're asking for.

Lasse Lammert":d1uder3m said:
steve_k":d1uder3m said:
Here, this one is set more as a two channel Plexi, with crunch and clean. The master is bypassed. I think it would go real well in your collection.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89131

Steve

very similar to mine ineed...just mine sounds fucking ace, lol.
If you don't like the sound of yours and it's humming etc it might be defective...but even then, GREAT price.
I gave a brand new VHT Pittbull Ultralead plus 500€ (700$) for mine....
so about 4 times the price you're asking for ;)

If I had the cash I'd actually grab yours and repair it, they're worth a shit ton more than you're asking for.

That ad is a spoof ad. You have to have been here for a while for it to make sense. It actually has zero hum and is quiet. It was done while Reinhold was still in Germany. The clean channel is almost a reference clean. The crunch channel is like a Plexi on steroids. But, it is loud as fuck. You almost need an attenuator but I have yet to find one that won't affect and compress the tone to the point of being shit. I don't know how he did it, but all of the EQ is very interactive - where presence affects mid/treble, bass has not much affect, and the master pot he has wired more as a frequency or resonance control, not an NFB though. It is a very interesting mod and I am sure the modding was some of the early circuit planning he was doing for his own line of amps to come.

Steve

ah, ok, got it :)
yeah it really is a beast, gotta learn how to use the EQ though (on mine at least)...scooped sounds are available from 1 (lowest position) to 2, then the mids rise very quickly (still nice and creamy mids though, not honky...but even on 3-4 this thing is extremely mid heavy), treble has a sweet spot around 6-7 on mine, lower treble again affects the mids quite a bit, same with presence, which can be on 9 without being fizzy.
think out mods/amps are rather similar from what you're decribing, mine has got LOADS of gain though and also a master volume after the old master volume, it's a wee pot that's sitting in the former "hi input" jack, that way the old master volume can be used as a second gain control for the poweramp/PI.

that second master volume is only active in the gain channel though, that way it's pretty easy to balance those two channels

Lasse Lammert":39spynpv said:
ah, ok, got it :)
yeah it really is a beast, gotta learn how to use the EQ though (on mine at least)...scooped sounds are available from 1 (lowest position) to 2, then the mids rise very quickly (still nice and creamy mids though, not honky...but even on 3-4 this thing is extremely mid heavy), treble has a sweet spot around 6-7 on mine, lower treble again affects the mids quite a bit, same with presence, which can be on 9 without being fizzy.
think out mods/amps are rather similar from what you're decribing, mine has got LOADS of gain though and also a master volume after the old master volume, it's a wee pot that's sitting in the former "hi input" jack, that way the old master volume can be used as a second gain control for the poweramp/PI.

that second master volume is only active in the gain channel though, that way it's pretty easy to balance those two channels

Yeah, all of the EQ has some really strange taper too it. I just start twisting shit until is sounds right. At house volumes though, it has no sustain and is tight as tree bark. With a good attenuator or in Wembley Arena, I am sure with the volumes cranked, it will get everything you want, and them some.

Steve

Lasse Lammert":1cqslnzw said:
I have this killer JCM800 that was modded by Bogner in '89....massive gain beast..
here's a wee clip:

Bogshall

who else here is using Bogner modded Marshalls?
what else is out there? hoe many? which mods? tell me about yours
Not trying to sound like an ass but do you have any clips that sound like a guitar being played through an amp in the traditional sence? Your clip sounds brutal and all but more like gunfire than guitar fire.

Back