Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Oct 15, 2019 2:32am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 06, 2019 5:20pm 
Supah Stah

Interested in a Hiwatt CUSTOM SUPER-HI 50 in excellent condition. Just seeing if anything is out there before I buy a new one.

PM pics, details and all-in price (shipped/PayPal)

Cabs: Wizard x 3 - Fryette x 3

Great Transactions - Click Here:
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=64423

Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 09, 2019 9:05pm 
Rock God

Are you human?: 951
Not too many of these in the USA. If I were you I'd find one in-stock from a retailer already in the USA instead of buying direct though.

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 10, 2019 4:26am 
Supah Stah

FourT6and2 wrote:
Not too many of these in the USA. If I were you I'd find one in-stock from a retailer already in the USA instead of buying direct though.

They sell them direct through Reverb now, so hopefully I wouldn’t have the issues you had when you bought yours direct. I just got a Cali, so now wondering how different they are.

Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 10, 2019 10:59am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

How do you like the Cali ? The clips of the super Hi50 makes me want to try one also. The stuff Ive heard of the cali havent really blown up my skirt but damn that highwatt sounds mean.

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 10, 2019 12:25pm 
Supah Stah

the4thlast1 wrote:
How do you like the Cali ? The clips of the super Hi50 makes me want to try one also. The stuff Ive heard of the cali havent really blown up my skirt but damn that highwatt sounds mean.

I just got it so I haven’t really spent much time with it. I didn’t have a manual either - though have one now. It definitely gets mean. My worry now is that the two amps are going to overlap a bit for the tones I like.

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 10, 2019 2:02pm 
Hack

I’m also looking for one with the maxwatt logo. I also have a cali and I think these two don’t overlap too much, though they obviously have a similar style/flavor

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 10, 2019 10:01pm 
Rock God

The Super-Hi sounds great. No diode clipping and it's certainly much more simple to operate and dial in without a bunch of switches and dual pot controls. I'm a moron so I need simple. If you can buy on Reverb without any hassles then that's fantastic.