Soldano SLO 100 clone chassis, complete PCBs + MORE $350.00

mad-axeman

Hey all,

I just completed my SLO clone build, and have a LOT of spare stuff to sell - all purchased about 8 years ago from C3 Amps, and none of it has ever been used of course.

FREE SHIPPPING to CONT. US ONLY

When I decided to go ahead with the build earlier this year, I spoke to C3 and decided to purchase all new parts, so these are all from my original attempt some years ago. Everything in photos is included - please feel free to ask any/all questions.

NOTE: the powerdercoating will need to be removed in certain spots (under certain switches/pots - this has NOT been done yet).

l6uBmGa.jpg

J76qxMf.jpg

6O7g3b9.jpg

1LGTnR4.jpg

rLYfwRC.jpg

uEyEYKS.jpg

Q4VxA2v.jpg

tpruitt":2tvfdwv3 said:
What made you abandon this project?

that's a great question. After building 3 Metro Marshall clones, I wanted to tackle something more significant. Now those Marshall clones were purchased in kit form, complete with George's awesome directions. They went together perfectly and I enjoyed the process immensely.

The SLOClone didn't come to me with any directions, and the documentation i had was pretty lacking. I did go so far as to buy a real SLO just to photograph, and that did help, but only somewhat.

Since I didn't have a deep understanding of amp design, I wasn't comfortable doing certain things based upon hunches/guesses, and didn't have a good source of support to run things by. I got to a sticking point and without help, was too scared to proceed, fearful of ruining parts that weren't cheap. I figured maybe someday I'd learn enough to finish.

Well that never really happened :(

What did happen, however, was that my girlfriend kept nagging me to finish it. She didn't understand the risks/dangers in my opinion, so was easy for her to say. On a few occasions, things even got heated, partially due to my feelings of inadequacy that I couldn't do it on my own. Finally, I had had enough, so as a shot in the dark, I wrote Rob at C3 Amps, and asked if he might be able to assist me a bit. This is where things got good...

Not only did he say that he'd lend a hand, he said he would help me in any/every way possible, from building it from scratch for me to providing detailed instructions throughout the entire process. After much deliberation, I decided to have Rob prep the chassis for me - install all switches/pots/sockets/some of the more detailed bus wire runs. I didn't want to get stuck due to not being able to do things like removing powdercoating effectively/cleanly and such, so opted to let his expert hands do the mechanical stuff, leaving the electrical stuff for me. This would assure the cleanest build possible.

He was so encouraging, and assured me that "we" would get it done, and i was off and running. And get it done we did. I am getting the best tone I've had in 35 years with this monster. I LOVE it, and what strange timing, now that Mike is retiring.

The only bad part of this whole build is that he is out of the country and i can't thank him for weeks! He is the most amazing person to help me realize a dream 8 years in the making - I simply can't thank him enough, or say enough great things about him.

That's the short version, LOL. Bet you're sorry you asked what should have been such a simple question :) Here's my latest pride and joy:

syJWh5B.jpg

Best,
Stu

Dang it!! I took a much needed break from gear hunting and the first thing I see is a deal I would've jumped all over!! Hope whomever grabbed it digs it.

I bought the C3 parts from Axe-man, couldn't pass it up.

He doesn't know yet but I sent him money for the matching head cab.

Looks like I need to do a little clean up work, order some iron, install a few turrets and away we go. If it were only that easy!

I am anticipating setting up an order when Rob of C3 gets going again after vacation.

Should be sonic blast

BV

Back