FS: ISP Theta Combo

Meeotch

ISP Theta Combo
$700 plus shipping paypal gift, or add 3% for fees

Well I'm thinning the herd and this Theta Combo needs a new home! I'd call it mint if it weren't for two minor blems: a scratch on the bottom right edge of the cabinet, and a barely noticeable scuff on the right edge of the grill cloth (see photos). Otherwise this combo is in pristine condition. Very low hours and everything works perfectly.

The Theta Combo from ISP is a fairly rare and unique piece of kit, so I thought I'd add my 2 cents in addition to their website's description. This 2x12 solid state amplifier features (1) 12" Celestion G12-T75 and (1) 12" Eminence Deltalite II 2512 woofer. The guitar signal flows through the preamp and is then separated by an internal crossover: above 120hz goes to a 100W poweramp and on to the T75, below 120hz is sent to it's 400W poweramp and then to the woofer. This separation keeps the lowest frequencies out of your main driver, and provides unreal clarity in your tone. The 12" subwoofer's level is simply controlled with the bass knob on the front panel EQ. Push the bass and make no mistake, this can rattle your walls, even at low volumes.

There are 2 channels, each with it's own switchable preamp, SERIAL effects loop, extensive EQ options, reverb, solo boost, and ISP's renowned Decimator noise gate built in. Regarding the effects loop, I sent the amp to ISP and had them mod the loop from parallel to serial, so now it plays nicely with your multi effects pedal or any time-based effects in general. Note that due to this mod, the "Effects" knob (next to Solo) should remain at max when using the effects loop to ensure proper function of the serial signal.

RWx7NmE.jpg

Back