Amp giveaway

V2a

Thought I'd post this here as an alert - I'm going to give away the amp pictured below at the end of January. Everything will be run on my own website and announced on facebook, but I'll post details here too if people are interested. The amp will not come with a head shell; I'm currently talking to tube vendors for in-kind contributions.

Thanks to Mason at TMI Amplification for the deep discount on the aluminum faceplates. Terrific quality as usual.

Feel free to move this out of the classified section, as there is no asking price. *** value with headshell is $1300 ***

Y4dyDe3h.jpg

The Vibe is not based on the Jose circuit. Gain 1 and Gain 2 are more like the dual volume/loudness controls on a Marshall plexi-type amp.

I'll post details on how to enter shortly (in 1-3 days). I will ask something of the entrants, but not to give me money (or anything else). The winner will get a free amp with or possibly without tubes.

Some details about the amp:

- a pair of 6V6s (JJ or EH preferred) in power amp. Push-pull for 20 watts. Fixed bias with trim pot for each tube. Will also accept 6L6 (but not EL34)
- negative feedback loop with Presence and Body (aka resonance, depth) controls
- custom Heyboer PT and OT designed by Bruce Egnater for his seminar amps.
- Hammond choke
- 12V DC for preamp tubes
- preamp designed for vintage "Marshally" tones from the 70s and 80s. The Vibe knob allows you to go from "Plexi" era to "800" era, although the circuit isn't a clone of either iconic amp.

Here it is loaded in a dyed tweed head shell (not included:)
XEkVoEXh.jpg

side note: I may do this again in the future. I design and build for fun, not income. I might give away one amp per year. :)

Back