Great condition
Comes with foot switch
Your choice of JJ 6L6GC or EL34 tubes

$1,600 + $100 shipping to lower 48.
Add 3% for PayPal

NO. TRADES.

untitled_by_haftelm_dd4jgeu-fullview.jpg

untitled_by_haftelm_dd4jgeg-fullview.jpg

Never heard or seen these, what’s the scoop? Can they do the high gain thing in a smooth way for a lead oriented player? I don’t do metal things.

fatbagg":2r38ovti said:
Never heard or seen these, what’s the scoop? Can they do the high gain thing in a smooth way for a lead oriented player? I don’t do metal things.

The ARES is a metal players wet dream. Very aggressive/menacing midrange voicing. It can definitely get pretty compressed/saturated and IMO make for good lead playing I think. Lots of tone shaping via the various switches and they also change the feel as well. Could thicken it up and make it fat for leads or lean it out for tight chugging. Then there's the crunch ch which I was able to get some cool rock tones with the right guitar/pups.

COOL fuckin amps for sure, but definitely more of a metal oriented amp IMHO.

+1 for the KSR stuff. Had my ares for just abiut a year and decided it succeeded as a gateway drug, so i sold it to pay for its big brother, the Gemini :D

I've got to downsize my gear collection a bit. The Ares is certainly a menacing metal machine. It can smooth up and do liquid-like lead tones with the use of the various switches, one of which smooths the mids out. It's got two switchable channels that you can set up in any manner of ways to get multiple tones. Both channels can be set the same. Or you can set them up in any combination of clean, crunch, rhythm, lead, and various flavors of each. For example, you can set one to be super angry aggressive modern metal and the other more of a smoother, chewy sound. The FX Loop on KSR amps is also fantastic. The best one I've ever used. It can also use whatever tubes you want (EL34, 6L6, 6550, KT88, KT77, KT66, 5881, etc.).

My plan right now is to only have two amps: Hiwatt and one of my personal builds. I just don't have room for 5 amps at the moment. I can always get another KSR.

Back