My beloved Single Channel CCV Clone (Local Dallas Only) 4hr

scottosan

$ale Pending. Will drive up to 4 hours

*****Please read entire description*****

Video added from recent Ampfest.

This is my personal build that I completed over a year and a half ago. Not built by Mark Cameron. I feel that this sounds better than my full CCV clone. I think this is because all of the filtering is contained to a single channel, vs 2 Channels bifurcated off the B+. The headshell has some superficial nicks and the Mercury Magnetics transformers have some scuffs as a result of them being in storage before use. I used high quality components, PRP resistors, Teflon wiring, etc. The reason I am calling it a single channel CCV clone instead of a HG Jose clone is simple. It has the punch control with 3 way voicing, 3 way dark switch, 3 way clipping style and gain voicing on the 2nd gain stage cathodes and dual gain controls. Professional name and face playes. Also has a metro FX loop modded to give a quieter and better S/N ratio for Jose style signal levels (photo shows previous loop).as a result, it is ideal for is with instrument level effects (pedals).  Tubes are about 2 years old, but since I do not got, they have went really been pushed hard outside of the Ampfest I'm the video

This was not build off of questionable Internet schematics, but rather based on 3 different CCVs and 2 HG Jose's. I've had many people ask my for schematics and my response is always the same. There are no definitive Cameron Schematics. I have not seen Mark use the same exact components in any subsequent builds. The Brad King/Friedman CCV was different than each of the Mark era CCVs and even those were different than each other. I believe that Mark used his golden ears to tweak each amp individually. I am not going to provide schematics as there is nothing hidden that a competent tech can't figure out. That said I will provide additional technical details as I see fit for a potential buyer to understand features and capabilities.

Sale Details:

1. For now, this is only available for local pickup. I am willing to drive 4 hours from Dallas to conduct transaction, meet, deliver.

2.  Please respect detail 1

3. I encourage to demo the.amp.om your equipment in your environment. I want the new owner to be happy.

4. This is because several reasons, including distrust in shipping companies and my lack of a manufacturers packaging.

5.  This also eleviates the risk of buyers remorse.  You can try before you buy, even  with your own equipment in your own environment.

I got to hear this amp during the ampfest. There’s something more raw about this one. Dunno if it’s because it is single channel? I can tell you that I started asking scottosan about building one for me. It is one punchy lil badass amp. The price is great. I’d be all over this if the Wizard didn’t happen first.

I utilize a great shipper if you are ever interested, scottosan. He packs perfect and ships cheap. Been using him for years. I hope he never closes shop.

LPMojoGL":1s8f4d4w said:
I got to hear this amp during the ampfest. There’s something more raw about this one. Dunno if it’s because it is single channel? I can tell you that I started asking scottosan about building one for me. It is one punchy lil badass amp. The price is great. I’d be all over this if the Wizard didn’t happen first.

I utilize a great shipper if you are ever interested, scottosan. He packs perfect and ships cheap. Been using him for years. I hope he never closes shop.
Thanks Bobby.
I've got someone checking it out tomorrow that owns a studio. He's got the other DFW Cali too.

Back