Wtb older VHT 2150

Don't be sorry, the ignorance was all mine. I corrected the title as it reads now. Thank you for your post!

donho":s78p743m said:
sorry for my ignorance but what is a 2150?

got a jcm 900 2100 that i may get rid of.

This bad boy. Most were black, few purple, rarest are the blue ones.
h8jbkuq7x09fxa9nybpj.jpg

You would need a pretty beefy transformer, the 2150 certainly has max draw well in excess of 500W and you want some cushion beyond that too. Not that you´d ever crank it, but it can presumably create some seriously big swings on start-up and on transients too. Not really an issue, I suppose, that stuff isn´t very expensive, but it is something to pay attention to.

Also, people are obviously free to ask what they want for their stuff, but you can find these below $1000 here and there and €2200 seems like way, way too much even before the shipping cost on a 60 lbs amp.

Dave L":3fvs6rht said:
You would need a pretty beefy transformer, the 2150 certainly has max draw well in excess of 500W and you want some cushion beyond that too. Not that you´d ever crank it, but it can presumably create some seriously big swings on start-up and on transients too. Not really an issue, I suppose, that stuff isn´t very expensive, but it is something to pay attention to.

Also, people are obviously free to ask what they want for their stuff, but you can find these below $1000 here and there and €2200 seems like way, way too much even before the shipping cost on a 60 lbs amp.

Agreed but they are like white elephants. Rare as heck but not at the top of the GAS list for most folks.

Dave L":1cav1p8k said:

I'm sure it could be re-wired to run at 120.

Racerxrated":zwf0qrfu said:
Dave L":zwf0qrfu said:

I'm sure it could be re-wired to run at 120.

Yeah, it depends on the power transformer. Some can be rewired, some need to be replaced.

exo-metal":1g86mccn said:
Sure about this?
If it can't be re-wired, I've found a 1500w Step up/down transformer for 75 bucks. They are plentiful online.

I just grabbed a TC 1140 from a British seller; I'll need a step up for it...27 bucks.

I know these transformers are custom made one offs and I would be shocked(pun haha funny duh) if they had no way for various voltage taps dudes.

Side note, :rock: on the 1140 brutha

I could not find a schematic for the 2150 power section. Anyone with the skills out there on the net able to find one?

exo-metal":3hrbw9lq said:
I could not find a schematic for the 2150 power section. Anyone with the skills out there on the net able to find one?

Contact Steve Fryette. He can probably give you entire low down.

Gonna necro bump this one from a while back fellas...there was someone here who reached out. If you still have the rear fused 2150 contact me please.

Thx for those who hit me up, just need to clarify that the early amps were rear fused and that is what I'm looking for.

Thank you dogs for all your support. Looking forward to owning one of these of these again.

Last edited:
Back