Sold-delete

How do you keep the nut from turning off you’re assisting pickup height? Glue to the bottom of the baseplate?

MetalHeadMike":1apx4k2q said:
Probably solder or JB weld work surely work well.

...or a very small "STAR washer"
Those will hold the nut in place once there is spring pressure.

giphy.gif

Just like the guy selling NOS Chinese 12AX7 for inflated prices.

You can get them for $14.59 ea. They are Chinese but I don't believe they are NOS as they have a made in china sticker on the tube.

I still bought a stock of them for $14.59/tube.

I thought the rule was no pooping in for sale threads. So I won't comment on the nuts...in this thread.

But those Beijing preamp tubes were getting blown out 100s at a time a few years ago. You could get 10 for $40 shipped, I did several times. They're good tubes though so that didn't last.

Well I wasn’t actually pooping on the thread. I’ve used nuts like that before and had to painstakingly glue them onto the pickup baseplate. Tedious and messy. If someone made nuts that peeled off an adhesive so they stick easily and without a mess, I’d probably buy that.

Wow I see this went far in my absence.

Anyone complaining about price. FUCK YOU.

I personally looked for MONTHS for these and did not get 100 for $8, I also have to cover all fees shipping etc. these happen to be brass nuts as well not pot metal.

Yes you are correct these can be bought for cheaper like most anything. Capitalism. Get five at stew mac for $.40 and then pay $6.95 shipping an handling minimum. WTF is the difference.

Yes you are NOT supposed to bash prices in threads. Mods anyone? Hand out some bans?

I use a blob of solder to hold them.

Bump!

FYI next time you need something like this just check out your local ace hardware and bring the screw to find a nut that fits.

moltenmetalburn":7g55n22k said:
LP Freak":7g55n22k said:
You can buy 100 on EBay for the same price
YOU CAN GO FUCK YOURSELF FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PRICE IN MY SALE THREAD.
:LOL: :LOL: How’s this a FS ad? Where’s the pictures? Looks like nothing but a PSA with a link to a sale on Reverb. How about following the rules around here? You’re lucky the thread never got nuked so I guess you can go fuck yourself now.

Back