WTB: Gibson M-IV

DESCRIPTION:
Hey, folks! So, I'm looking for something pretty darn specific here. I'm attempting (key word "attempting") to hunt down a Gibson M-IV model from the 1990's. (Not a M-III. Only a M-IV.) Standard or Deluxe, as long as it's an M-IV. Been after one for awhile now.

If anyone has one that they'd be down to part with for the right price, let me know! I'd love to see what you've got! I'll pay top price. Cash is in-hand and ready to go.

PRICE:
Negotiable

I'm in New York City, and I'd be willing to work with you on all shipping concerns.

REFERENCE PHOTOS:
Attaching reference photos here so that you folks know exactly what I'm looking for.

103945537_3218827571463751_1741650340736131473_n.jpg

104199089_3218827624797079_3521819505940884846_n.jpg

104218163_3218827691463739_8358585801403771050_n.jpg

xzyryabx":2w7mf8dh said:
I always wanted to try one of those...good luck with the hunt!
You're probably the first person I've encountered who actually even knows that these existed. :LOL: :LOL: Folks barely know of the M-III as is for some reason. So the fact that an M-IV was ever so briefly out in the market seems to really throw folks for a loop.

Thanks, xzyryabx.

I never knew this existed.....looks like Steinberger tuners and tremolo? Cool!

I always wanted an M-III....I think they look awesome. Wouldn't mind picking up one of the reissue ones

Devin":3egxspe4 said:
I never knew this existed.....looks like Steinberger tuners and tremolo? Cool!

I always wanted an M-III....I think they look awesome. Wouldn't mind picking up one of the reissue ones
Not many people in general ever knew that the M-IV existed. In all honesty, Dev, I think it was a failed model that never got launched or put into full-on production simple because there is so little info out there about the M-IV, and there are next-to-no photo on the internet of the Standard or Deluxe versions. (I mean like real, actual photos of a physical guitar out in the wild.) It's got the Steinberger Jam-Trem and the old-school Steinberger 40:1 gearless tuners (same ones that were on the Steinberger GS models at the time).

If you keep your eyes peeled, you can snag one of the 2013 M-III reissues at a good price. There actually is a blue one on the Guitar Center used site right now that is priced fairly low, and it has also been sitting up for awhile, which means the store might negotiate if you shoot 'em a call.

Yep also look for the les paul (mostly studio lites) with m3 setup ;) i had 4 sold one
Really love the hsh setup
Slim taper neck, super light, and the chromyte (balsa relief) is very responsive to all pickups ive tried in em
Just a tidbit of info ive picked up along the way.

Dopethrone":phm0kfl9 said:
Yep also look for the les paul (mostly studio lites) with m3 setup ;) i had 4 sold one
Really love the hsh setup
Slim taper neck, super light, and the chromyte (balsa relief) is very responsive to all pickups ive tried in em
Just a tidbit of info ive picked up along the way.
I'm not interested in the Les Paul M-III model. In fact, those Les Pauls were misnamed because they had absolutely nothing to do with the actual M-III models. The only thing those Les Pauls and the actual M-III models shared is that they both had HSH pickup configurations. That's it. They weren't wired the same with the same options. The necks were different. The hardware (bridges, tuners, etc.) was different. The wood was different. They have absolutely nothing in common aside from the HSH pickup config, which seems rather strange and makes me wonder as to why Gibson chose to tout those Les Pauls as the "Les Paul M-III" model.

Back