WANT: Roland SDE-3000 Delay, Korg SDD-3300, SDD-1200

That´s a curious mix of units you´ve got there, how did you end up looking for two vintage DDL units and one modern multi-FX? Tthe Mangler is a great unit but not really unique in that segment.

Dave L - Looking for different reasons, but tell me more about the Mangler's competition? I have an Eclipse, PCM81 and DL8000R - looking for the older units to do plain old digital delay without a ton of deep programming (that is necessary on the three units I have). The Mangler would be for "goofier" stuff - what else do you suggest? Very curious as to your experience.

Well, the Mangler mostly does the same stuff as every other multi-FX unit from the modern era, much like the Eclipse you have there. Except for a few programs that aren't really musical in the traditional sense, like ringmod and that weird pitcher stuff that Kurzweil was doing. But yeah, if you're looking to add another cheaper unit that can do a variety of stuff I would also look at the Ensoniq DP/Pro and the Sony DPS V77. Great units, but mostly overlooked.

And if you want something really cool that's both a traditional dual/stereo digital delay and a lot more, check out the Symetrix 606.

Back