[SOLD!] FS/T: Bogner 100B 30w Prototype (ONE OF A KIND!)

MatrixClaw

Hi all,

This amp was hand-built for Matte Henderson in 1991 as a studio amp, before Bogner had released a full amp line. He had Reinhold build him two amps - a 100W that was the prototype to the 100B in a Fender Showman chassis and this 30w version, with a pair of push-pull EL34s built inside a Fender Princeton Reverb chassis, as its studio companion. There used to be an article floating around years ago that detailed the two of the amps better, but I can't seem to find it anymore - I tried reaching out to Matte for more information, but he hasn't responded yet, unfortunately.

It's a really awesome amp, with two channels and three modes with tons of tonal options. The Clean channel has two settings (the EQ is on the back of the amp, due to size restrictions:)

• A Blackface mode with a nearly identical preamp to the blackface Twin/Super Reverb
  • A Vox voicing that removes the tone stack, which gives it more gain, break up and mid range. It's great for mid-gain AC30-ish sounds.

The Dirty channel is very hotrodded JCM 800-ish. It can do high gain, but not in the sense of something like a 5150 or a Rectifier. It can do metal with an overdrive, but is more voiced for hard rock and more classic Marshall-y sounds (think 80s rock/metal) with a bit more gain on tap.

It has a footswitchable gain boost that can be used on both channels. Other features include an Excursion knob (resonance) and Presence knob on the back, as well as a Class A/AB switch.

The amp is in great shape and comes with the footswitch and a padded slip cover. The only cosmetic imperfection, besides oxidation on the backside of the chassis, is a bend on the front panel's right corner (close up in the 3rd picture) - the panel is just a thin sheet of metal over the chassis, which is undamaged. It was there when I bought the amp. I've never had an issue with the amp.

SOLD!! - Looking for $2000 Shipped in the CONUS OBO. - SOLD!!

Would consider trades for other high gain amps.

HVxoCaRh.jpg

fgms2mkh.jpg

dYlzCECh.jpg

ENajDxph.jpg

WKhAIW1h.jpg

vcCM78rh.jpg

Thanks! I have been trying to get one of these oddball Bogners for so long. The problem is that I was selling an amp because I need the money, and went into Savings because I just ‘HAD TO HAVE THIS’...

So excited though, haha!

fatbagg":3uixwcdg said:
Thanks! I have been trying to get one of these oddball Bogners for so long. The problem is that I was selling an amp because I need the money, and went into Savings because I just ‘HAD TO HAVE THIS’...

So excited though, haha!

Looks a like a unique, cool, lil' monster. Hope it delivers in tone and feel. Looking forward to your feedback. Cheers and congrats.

Matte is a friend! I played both of these amps when he first got them and thy are screamers! congrats on grabbing this!

jharpersj":32r59ark said:
Matte is a friend! I played both of these amps when he first got them and thy are screamers! congrats on grabbing this!
That's awesome! I tried emailing him from his website but no response. If he has any more information on the amp, I (and fatbagg) would love to have it! Bogner wasn't much help, either, I assume Reinhold is too far up the food chain to talk to us little guys :LOL: :LOL:

jharpersj":2c29a3cs said:

Would be awesome! I’ll have to find the link again, but I found an old post
From here about this amp it can use 6v6 or EL34? I believe it was uberschallel34?

Back