WTB: G12C Greenbacks

braintheory

Let me know if you guys have any you’d part with. Would like to have a pair ideally. Must be made in UK versions

If you are ok with 8 Ohm speakers, you can go on Reverb and look up the Mojotone Watchtower speakers. They are the G12C's with a sticker over them!!! I did as much digging around to confirm and it seems that is accurate. I ordered two of them today. They are all out of 16 Ohm speakers.

Buckeyedog":2mwhk32v said:
If you are ok with 8 Ohm speakers, you can go on Reverb and look up the Mojotone Watchtower speakers. They are the G12C's with a sticker over them!!! I did as much digging around to confirm and it seems that is accurate. I ordered two of them today. They are all out of 16 Ohm speakers.
A bunch of guys told me that, but I read on other forums that the 8 ohm versions may actually be the heritage Greenbacks. There was also no sticker on the 8 ohm version with the G12C label like on the 16 ohm version. The lugs also would make it a Chinese G12C if it were a G12C. I asked Mojotone which model it is and they weren’t sure. I’d rather just get one that I’m certain is the G12C

braintheory":1ct210tu said:
Buckeyedog":1ct210tu said:
A bunch of guys told me that, but I read on other forums that the 8 ohm versions may actually be the heritage Greenbacks. There was also no sticker on the 8 ohm version with the G12C label like on the 16 ohm version. The lugs also would make it a Chinese G12C if it were a G12C. I asked Mojotone which model it is and they weren’t sure. I’d rather just get one that I’m certain is the G12C

Damn!!! I hope you are wrong!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: I can e-mail and ask them. I mean the heritages are good but I also really want the G12C's. Good luck.

Well the Heritage are good speakers too, so I'll just have to see. I think you might be right based on some more searching around. Dang.

Buckeyedog":8q3e8moq said:
Well the Heritage are good speakers too, so I'll just have to see. I think you might be right based on some more searching around. Dang.
Yeah they’re probably good too and at least still a cheaper way to get heritages. I’m just really after the G12C’s, especially the UK version if possible and I know for sure those can’t be UK G12C’s from the lugs

braintheory":30rwznsj said:
Buckeyedog":30rwznsj said:
Yeah they’re probably good too and at least still a cheaper way to get heritages. I’m just really after the G12C’s, especially the UK version if possible and I know for sure those can’t be UK G12C’s from the lugs
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... m.2197074/

looks like these are the 16 Ohm versions.

Back