MTL new love affair

John4021

Just got a 2016 MTL delivery today(and it's my birthday to boot)
I had a MCII . Great amp. Just wasn't what I wanted .
So,
The addition of Depth ,Pull Shift and Saturation just added the right amount of tone shaping and gain I was looking for.
Think,to my ears, the Rhythm channel sounds different as well. I just have the Bright pot at bare minimum and it givess me
SRV tones to chunky power chords.(notice I didnt say the typical "AC/DC"....lol)

Dont have time to check tube bias or whats in the preamp section,but this was in a studio so I'm
sure it's stock glass. And to me,right now ,it sounds killer.

OK,
Martini and fancy birthday dinner time.
Will add more once I get her opened up with volume.
:rock:

First, Happy New Amp Day!!

Second, Happy Birthday!!

(I'm trying to get my priorities straight...) ;)

Awesome find!! Wizard is definitely on my "Need" list... hopefully, this year. Still trying to decide between the MCII and the MTL... or both... :thumbsup: I'll be looking forward to your thoughts once you get some time in with it.

Happy B day to you and the Wizard!
:rock:

Great find, and not sure if you've had one before but wait till you get it above 2..3...4...what an incredible attack and punch. Devastatingly awesome. I had a 50w MTL and the mids just weren't my thing, great amp though...just grabbed a fellow RTers MCI 100 and found my sound...desert island amp. Never to leave. I love the clarity and punch of an SLO and this amp takes it even farther.
It's addicting man.

Congrats!
:rock: :rock:

Congrats dude! Happy B-day!

These amps are amazing even at medium volume but as Racerxrated stated cranked up they're unreal :rock: My recent MCII acquisition has resulted in some herd culling.

Back