Torpedo and Friedman Equipment - Torpedo "Thru" Question

SixDoorsDown

I have a Friedman Be100 Head and a Friedman 4 x 12 16 Ohm cabinet. I also have a Torpedo Live. I just ordered a cable to go from the Torpedo to the Friedman Cabinet using the "thru" on the back of the Torpedo. I will set the Friedman amp to 16 Ohms.

How does this work exactly?

* Will I have to unplug the Friedman Cabinet at the "thru" on the back of the Torpedo Live when I want to go back to silent recording?

* Is there a setting on the Torpedo live to switch between silent recording and using the external Friedman Cabinet?

* When I have the Friedman Cabinet connected to the thru on The Torpedo will I still be able to use different presets sounds/cabs?

Hi SixDoorsDown,

* Will I have to unplug the Friedman Cabinet at the "thru" on the back of the Torpedo Live when I want to go back to silent recording?

yes, and as your cabinet is 16 ohms, you will have to use switch back to the 8 Ohms output on your amp.

Is there a setting on the Torpedo live to switch between silent recording and using the external Friedman Cabinet?

Nope. Mainly because we don't want people to fry their amp because they forgot to change the output they use on their amp if it's not 8 Ohms.

When I have the Friedman Cabinet connected to the thru on The Torpedo will I still be able to use different presets sounds/cabs?

Absolutely, the Live will be your cabinet and microphone simulator just as if the cabinet was not plugged. ;)

Back