New to the VB-101...

Hello there,

I'm new to that device and I have to say that I really like what it does so far. The only thing I don't get is how to load 3rd party IRs into the unit. If I put the wav files (Redwirez IRs) into the data folder, the memory management does not show it in the list in the "user" panel. How do I do that??????? :doh:

Cheers and thanks in Advance,

diezelmonster666

Hi diezelmonster666,

you first have to do a little file conversion :

- download Torpedo Capture : http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpedo-capture/
- launch Capture, setup your soundcard
- select file/convert files from directory, select your redwirez directory

Capture will convert all your files, you'll just have to copy them in the DATA directory and upload them.

Actually we are working on the process which is quite complicated right now... ;)

Hello guillaume,

thanks a lot... well, while doing this I figured out that only a few of the Redwirez IRs are really worth doing this conversion. In most of the cases the internal cabs (and I have them all currently) sounded and felt much better. So I think I'll use Capture to make some nice IRs of my cabinets (Diezel 4x12" V30, 4x12" G12-K100, 70's Marshall 4x12" w/EV12BL), as I own a few nice mics for that.

I really have to say that you guys made my life much easier... not only for composing new stuff at home with my lovely collection of amps, but also I will replace my cabinet in live situations which makes it easier to work with in-ear. My sound guy already had a big smile on his face when we checked it this weekend... I will do my best to promote this unit, and my radius of influence is definitely not small... :D

Cheers et un heureuse nouvelle année,

diezelmonster666

Hi diezelmonster666,

thanks for the kind words, I'm happy you're satistified with your unit. :rock:

Actually we work a lot to make the life of guitar players easy. ;)

Yesterday I was out for a fun basement rehearsal session at my brother's and we spent hours playing with the new Torpedo Live (prototype). A few guitarists and friends were pretty amazed about the result, I hope this light version will make a lot more people happy !

Je te souhaite une très bonne année aussi !

Back