Having trouble to connect VB-101 to Apogee Ensemble!

Miroslav

Hi,

I am trying to connect VB-101 to Ensemble via S/PDIF but it does not work. I connected VB-101 S/PDIF out to Ensemble S/PDIF in, synced VB-101 to S/PDIF but nothing happened. I'm using Logic. Does anyone know what I do wrong?

Hi Miroslav, try the spdif out of the VB-101 into the spdif input of the Apogee. In your audio prefs in Logic, you should be able to set the clock source to spdif input and you'll be good to go. It may also be necessary to assure the Apogee's s/w panel is also set this way but usually the Logic preference will override any other settings. VB-101 should be set to internal with the sample rate you use in your logic session.

cool tip; set the output for wet/dry and you can simultaneously record a second track with no speaker/micing simulation....you can then use that track to add more or different cabs at a later time. Also grab Torpedo PI-FREE http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpedo-pi-free/ if you want to stay within the daw

Andy

ps please pm me if you need to chat or skype

Ok we got it! For anyone else with this issue, the Apogee control utility Maestro needs to be opened and setting "clock source" changed to spdif (manual pg lucky 13)

Andy

Back