Torpedo CAB

Mine arrived yesterday, 20-Aug. Well packed and in great condition. Just finished going through the presets and the Remote software interface this evening.

Sounds good on a few of the factory presets, others are a bit muffled...oh, and there are bass presets too...I was listening to, not looking at, the presets...just sayin'. I just ran my guitar straight into the CAB, and out to my FRFR. Next I plan to select a starting point amp+cab+mic combination, then vary each keeping the other two constant to hear the various options. This will take some time, I may just dial in a fav Vox tone and Engl tone if my ears get tired! Worth the wait IMO.

Very intuitive and easy to navigate, but there are so many options/combinations to try...

Hi rsm,

what do you plan to put in front of the C.A.B. ? You'll achieve the best result with a good guitar preamp.

Using the Remote is a good option to start working with the unit. As you said, a lot of options are available and you can go faster with your mouse and computer.

Well, stereo implies twice the processing power, more IO'S and consequently a higher price. Most guitar players use a mono amplifier, and if they need stereo effects they can simply use them AFTER the C.A.B.

The purpose of the C.A.B. is to be plugged after a preamp/distortion... pedal. I don't think there are so many stereo preamp pedals on the market.

teddybear, how would use the C.A.B. if it was stereo in/out?

Back