after upgrade to 2.08 vb-101 bugs

ibmixin

hey so i just updated my vb-101 to what i think is the most current software (2.08) and i have noticed a couple bugs.
1 under the miking section, the overload feature is now disabled and im unable to use it. 2 in the post fx section i am not able to turn off the compression unless i fully bypass the whole post fx block. the compressor shows off.... but when its super quiet and pumping, so i knew some compression was working. with the compression set to "off" if i mess with the make up gain, it definitely IS on and working.3 i havent gotten any of the updated cabs im stuck with only 8 guitar cab impulses. PLEASE HELP!!!!

p.s.
since the update is now 2 cabs at once is there going to be an updated user manual? ive basically got the hang of it and mixing the 2 cabs together but it would be nice for future users as well as i to go in to depth about some of the new features. thank you in advance for any and all help.

ok i found the way to get the remaining impulses onto the vb-101 thru remote, so now its just the compression problem and the overload feature.

Hi ibmixin,

1 under the miking section, the overload feature is now disabled and im unable to use it.

The overload parameter is deactivated when you are in Low Latency Mode. I think this one is in the actual manual. ;)

2 in the post fx section i am not able to turn off the compression unless i fully bypass the whole post fx block. the compressor shows off....

This one is a bug, we upload a new firmware version today, simply launch the TORPEDO Remote V2 and follow the instruction to update your machine.

since the update is now 2 cabs at once is there going to be an updated user manual?

I am working on it. ;)

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly! Thanks for the info I guess the update Must have put me in low latency mode automatically. Great product, great support. Another cool post fx option would be a noise gate. That would help kill some preamp hum/buzz, I'm loving the tones I'm getting, keep up the great work.

I'm afraid the noise gate won't be very effective if placed in the miking section. Most of the time it is way better to have a noise gate in the Amp loop, with the gate triggered by the clean sound of the guitar (4 cables wire like some Boss or ISP pedals).

Back