Something's Cooking In the Oven and It Smells Great !!!!

sysexguy

Q: What happens when one puts a Neumann U87, a Royer R121, Shure Sm57 and Beta 52's, a Sennheiser 421, a Beyer 160, a Blue Dragonfly and an Electrovoice RE20 in the same studio?

:rock:

Andy

Great Andy, and how about some dual mic IR's for us CAB/LIVE users, classic pairing such as 57/R121, 421/U87 (or other LCD) etc (yes, we'd be moving the mic pair around via distance and center, but that's cool), thanks...

That's a great idea......I'll experiment when I have a sec, as with using multiple mics in the real world, there are way more "bad" spots than good ones but the good ones are worth the effort. I have a few ideas I'd need to run by Guillaume.

any requests? bring 'em on

For anyone who's sitting on the fence about getting a Torpedo, when we're done, the cabinet library will be huge and diverse, everything from vintage harp amps, guitar case amps and film projectors to the biggest and most modern guitar and bass cabs. The beautiful thing is one can quickly configure one's unit to suit whatever gig or session one has next.

Andy

Yes, multi-micing is an art, but for me personally I'd like at minimum (all coincident in distance for phase etc, but using different centering for usefull tonality when equally leveled)...

a) SM57 + R121.

2) SM57 + U87 (or similar LCD).

3) SM57 + SENN 421.

4) SM57 + SENN 906.

Celestion speakers captured in the same 4 X 12 cab (Marshall 1960A or B);

20W Celestion or Scumback.
25W Celestion or Scumback.
30W Celestion or Scumback.

An X-Patterned Combination of two 20W and two 30W might be nice in the Two Notes format too.

65W Celestions in a Marshall 1936 2 X 12 would be nice.

Fender Super Reverb Utah/Jensen 4 X 10" open back perhaps?

Thanks Andy, can't wait.

sysexguy":l92jtlut said:
That's a great idea......I'll experiment when I have a sec, as with using multiple mics in the real world, there are way more "bad" spots than good ones but the good ones are worth the effort. I have a few ideas I'd need to run by Guillaume.

any requests? bring 'em on

For anyone who's sitting on the fence about getting a Torpedo, when we're done, the cabinet library will be huge and diverse, everything from vintage harp amps, guitar case amps and film projectors to the biggest and most modern guitar and bass cabs. The beautiful thing is one can quickly configure one's unit to suit whatever gig or session one has next.

Andy

+1 on the R121/SM57 combo. Just got my Torpedo Live today and while I really like the 121, by itself it's just not quite there.

For cabs I would love a Two-Rock/Dumble type 2x12 with Celestion 65's in it, and a Matchless 2x12 with the mismatched speakers to use with my Chieftain head would be great... even a 1x12 with the G12-30 would be good.

Hi gtrgriff3,

adding new microphone is more complicated than it seems. Actually we should have to capture every single cabinet we already have in the library with the new microphone. Not doing this leads to a simple issue: some cabinets will have 8 microphones, other 9 or more, and people won't understand why they can't have the new microphone with the old cabinets. Especially new users that can't understand there are "new" cabinets and "lod" cabinets. ;)

I am working on an alternative but right now the sound quality is not high enough for our standard.

Back