Torpedo Live > studio monitors - how?

MontyW

Hi,

No longer out there gigging but have a number of very nice amps that I don't want to let go, but certainly cannot play them at home.

So, how do I get from my Dual Recto to some active studio monitors? I was thinking Torpedo Live and then into a PreSonus AudioBox 1818vsl and then into studio monitors.

Would that work? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi MontyW, the presonus box would only be required if you wish to record to your computer and/or add processing (reverb etc.) also from your computer.

The Live does offer a dedicated volume knob on the front panel with mute fully ccw so if your active monitors didn't have a front panel volume control, you could still just connect them directly. There are also several affordable volume control products that could be added inline between the live and the monitors if desired.

If you decide to get the presonus, you can connect the Live at 48/96kHz directly via sp/dif for best latency and sonics.

Andy

sysexguy":1a3nelyx said:
Hi MontyW, the presonus box would only be required if you wish to record to your computer and/or add processing (reverb etc.) also from your computer.

The Live does offer a dedicated volume knob on the front panel with mute fully ccw so if your active monitors didn't have a front panel volume control, you could still just connect them directly. There are also several affordable volume control products that could be added inline between the live and the monitors if desired.

If you decide to get the presonus, you can connect the Live at 48/96kHz directly via sp/dif for best latency and sonics.

Andy

Andy thanks for your post it is very helpful !!

Back