Maybe I am stating the obvious ...

hunter

... just wanted to give you the feedback that I just wanted to order the Modern cab, when I realised that an iLok2 is 40€.

I love your product, really do.

Not that I wouldn't say that the modern plugin is maybe worth twice the price with which it is advertised, but having to spend another 40€ that go to some other company, with no additional value added, sorry no.

I am pretty sure this is costing you a lot of business.

I love the free plugin and I really wanna dig deeper into your stuff, but the iLok2 is a deal breaker for me. In my opinion you should reconsider it and find another way to protect the software (at least for the cheaper variants). Most other manufacturers have some challenge/response and serial number based solution, wouldn't that suffice?

Pretty likely you lose more business now due to the iLok and that people can't be bothered with it, than you would lose even if someone would hack the software.

Actually, ilock is the professional standard for pro-audio copy protection world-wide, and almost every major OEM uses it, so if you have a studio you're going to need it at some point.

If you really don't want it for some reason, consider the Torpedo hardware instead (I have some of their plugins and a CAB, great sounding stuff!).

djd100":376e5ema said:
Actually, ilock is the professional standard for pro-audio copy protection world-wide, and almost every major OEM uses it, so if you have a studio you're going to need it at some point.

If you really don't want it for some reason, consider the Torpedo hardware instead (I have some of their plugins and a CAB, great sounding stuff!).

I don't have a professional studio, but I am willing to pay the 50 bucks for the modern version. Other than that I have Logic Pro and don't need or want more. No need for hardware, no need for a USB key that costs as much as the software, which I am furthermore always losing and that gets in my way.

I can relate to all the arguments that speak for Two Notes to keep using the iLok, you can always talk a lot and make sense out of something, especially when deciding about product and marketing strategies. I am just giving the perspective of a potential customer, and that should always be taken into consideration.

If you prefer to only target the pro studios, Ok, please go ahead. But my understanding was that Modern and Vintage are in a price bracket to target the hobbyist.

Hi Hunter,

I appreciate you take some time to give your opinion.

We are well aware that buying the ilok 2 only to use it with our product is too expensive for most people.

We try to work this out and waited for a software-only protection by Pace (iLok) for 2 years, now we are quite desperate about this solution so we are searching elsewhere. ;)

guillaume_pille":32fjreom said:
We try to work this out and waited for a software-only protection by Pace (iLok) for 2 years, now we are quite desperate about this solution so we are searching elsewhere. ;)

Thanks man, very much appreciate your feedback! Make sure to shoot me a PM in case you got it and don't forget, so I can buy me that Modern!

Back