Torpedo CAB Saving Presets with 3rd Party IR's

CharlieFoxtrot

I am having a problem trying to understand how you save a preset in the User location with 3rd Party IR's. I am using the Torpedo Remote software with my CAB and I can save various 3rd Party IR's to the USER banks without any issue. The problem is the power amp, preset level, and EQ settings don't get saved along with the 3rd party IR's in the USER banks.

I have a feeling that I am not doing something correctly when trying to save a preset using a 3rd party IR. Perhaps I am saving it in the wrong location? I have been creating templates based on the preset level, and power amp settings that I want, bringing that up and then selecting the USER tab and loading the IR that I want. It works in my basement, but I wouldn't be able to do that in a live setting. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

These are separate things, the USER bank is to store 4 banks of 128 IR's for a total of 512. The Presets contain the selection of mic/cabinet and all the other parameters per patch. If you had selected an IR from one of the user banks, that would get saved along with the EQ and power amp parameters as a preset.

Under the heading "managers" third from the left, you'll see "memory manager" (for Torpedo speaker files and user IR's), "preset manager" for the presets and "setup manager" for your cab's footswitch parameters etc.. Simply make sure you're in the right page. You store the preset by exiting the manager area and using the edit window to store the preset on the far left.

Andy

sysexguy":2ivyttj5 said:
These are separate things, the USER bank is to store 4 banks of 128 IR's for a total of 512. The Presets contain the selection of mic/cabinet and all the other parameters per patch. If you had selected an IR from one of the user banks, that would get saved along with the EQ and power amp parameters as a preset.

Under the heading "managers" third from the left, you'll see "memory manager" (for Torpedo speaker files and user IR's), "preset manager" for the presets and "setup manager" for your cab's footswitch parameters etc.. Simply make sure you're in the right page. You store the preset by exiting the manager area and using the edit window to store the preset on the far left.

Andy
Thanks Andy! I figured this out about 10 minutes ago and was coming here to post as much. So what it boils down to is that I can have 100 presets saved of what ever combination of Torpedo speaker files and user IR combinations that I want on the CAB itself (as long as what I am saving is loaded into the CAB itself). I will be using this with a USB connection to my computer about 90% of the time so with that combination and the preview function the possibilities of auditioning IR's and creating my own is pretty much limitless. I just wanted to make sure that when I'm not connected to the computer that I've got everything saved that I need and I hadn't really figured that out yet even though I've had the unit for several months. :doh:

Thanks again for the info!

Back