Brazilian Jazz Guitarist Jurandir Santana Jazz-Fusion Demo

sysexguy

Brazilian Jazz Guitarist Jurandir Santana rips some wicked fusion using his Torpedo CAB.

We get lots of comments requesting some more diverse stylings using Torpedo and I think we're off to a great start here.

You can learn more about Jurandir here: http://www.jurandirsantana.com

Andy

Thank you Andy.

Please note that Jurandir is using the speaker output and plug it to the C.A.B. Line Input.

That is something I would never recommend, and it works for Jurandir only because:

- the Tiny terror is not a powerfull amp and apparently having a 10KOhms impedance (line input impedance) hooked up is fine for it

- The volume on the Tiny Terror is low enough so there is no saturation at the input stage of the C.A.B.

A high level coming from a powerful amp on the C.A.B. could fry both C.A.B. and amplifier....

Also may imorove the tone a bit to use a load on the Tiny Terror right ?

However when you get down to 1 watt , you are at line level anyway, but at 5 or 10 watts , totally different.

The other problem is that even a 1 watt tube Amp or a 5 watt turned way down...can produce peak power output
that is much higher.

What is the maximum input level the CAB can handle ?

You have this information in the manual:

GTR:
• Max input level: 4.7dBu • Impedance 100KOhms (1.3VRMS, 3,8Vpp)

LINE:
• Max input level: 10.3dBu • Impedance 10KOhms (2.45V RMS, 7,18 Vpp)

So more than 1W will create distortion at the input. I don't know how much is needed to destroy the input, I let you guys do the test. ^^

Jurandir has recently acquired a load box that matches well with his low wattage amp and the cab pedal going forward.

Andy

Back