Using Radial ToneBone with TNTL to run 2 amps at once

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

I've been wondering whether it would be possible to play my guitar through my Mark V and Dmoll simultaneously

I think the answer to run them both that way with a normal 4x12 is by using a Radial ToneBone (http://www.tonebone.com/tb-switchbone-features.htm). It's an A/B/Y box that allows you to run two amps at once into one cabinet.

The question is, can i run a Torpedo Live with the ToneBone?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone has actually already tried this, that would be even more awesome!

I believe this is the model you want http://www.tonebone.com/tb-headbone-vt.htm

headbone-vt-wedge.jpg

haven't used it personally but the Torpedo goes where the cabinet would normally go
headbone-vt-3d-setup-w-logo.jpg

Andy

i can't seem to figure it out, but it seems the head bone only switches amps whereas the switchbone will allow both to run, perhaps im reading the site wrong...

i'll call them tomorrow to better understand the difference between the two products.

From the Two Notes side, do you see any problems arising from using one of the Radial Engineering products with the Torpedo Live? I'm thinking it should be fine but I'm not an audio/electrical/mechanical engineer, so hoping you guys might be able to give an ok from the Two Notes side.

The switchbone is just a fancy a/b box and is designed for line level signal to select the input to 2 amplifiers (one, the other or both). It can be used with 2 heads and 2 Torpedoes but you'd then need a mixer to combine the signal of the 2 Torpedoes. I don't think that's what you're looking to do.

Andy

Leveraged Sellout":10s9lqh7 said:
I've been wondering whether it would be possible to play my guitar through my Mark V and Dmoll simultaneously

I think the answer to run them both that way with a normal 4x12 is by using a Radial ToneBone (http://www.tonebone.com/tb-switchbone-features.htm). It's an A/B/Y box that allows you to run two amps at once into one cabinet.

The question is, can i run a Torpedo Live with the ToneBone?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone has actually already tried this, that would be even more awesome!

The Switchbone requires each head to have it's own load, whether it is two cabs or two TNTL's.

The Headbone is a load box which allows you to run two heads through one cab. The unselected head will see a static load from the Headbone. However, you cannot use the TNTL in this situation for both heads.

TNTL can only handle one amp in and one out at a time. You really don't want the output of the TNTL to share loads as you will end up with an OT running away as well as other problems. About the only clear way around this is running two TNTL's.

Headbone (or other AB/Y) -> Amp 1 / Amp2 input -> Each head to its own TNTL -> Mixer for the two DI's -> PA

Thanks so much steve, i get it now

looks like it'll be a lot more expensive than just $350 for a headbone. that being said, do you have recommendations for a good mixer?

i'm assuming the mixer can then go directly into the apogee duet

i just realized my apogee duet can record two guitars at once...

could i just have the two torpedo lives going into their respective inputs on the duet, eliminating the need for a mixer?

sorry if this is a stupid question, appreciate your help guys

could i just have the two torpedo lives going into their respective inputs on the duet, eliminating the need for a mixer?

1- it's not a stupid question
2- as soon as you have 2 line inputs, yes you can have both Torpedo Live recording/playing at the same time in your DAW. ;)

Leveraged Sellout":32mgz0t5 said:
i just realized my apogee duet can record two guitars at once...

yes, you could do that without a mixer and track both amps at the same time.

excellent, thanks so much guys!

looks like i've got a second torpedo live in my future :thumbsup:

Back