Torpedo Live V2

steve_k

Hey guys....when you make the next modifications to the Torpedo Live, can you put countersunk flat head screws in the chassis? These pan heads stick up too far and make it a bitch to cram in a rack space without scratching everything up and having to force it in.

Just another suggestion from a satisfied customer!

:thumbsup:

steve_k":1feo0907 said:
Hey guys....when you make the next modifications to the Torpedo Live, can you put countersunk flat head screws in the chassis? These pan heads stick up too far and make it a bitch to cram in a rack space without scratching everything up and having to force it in.

If I ever deal with this I just loosen the screws on the above units and slightly lift them. Works well enough, pain in the butt, but will keep things from scratches. Although I would think you would want an empty rack space above the LIVE for heat dispersion.

Shark Diver":2v0z4gyu said:
steve_k":2v0z4gyu said:

If I ever deal with this I just loosen the screws on the above units and slightly lift them. Works well enough, pain in the butt, but will keep things from scratches. Although I would think you would want an empty rack space above the LIVE for heat dispersion.
So you really do have a screw loose.

Bah-dum-tsss.

Ventura":2mkez8zo said:
Shark Diver":2mkez8zo said:
steve_k":2mkez8zo said:

So you really do have a screw loose.

Bah-dum-tsss.

Many my friend, :LOL: :LOL:

Just a little explanation about the screws: if we want to use countersunk flat head screws the cover will have to be twice as think. The cost difference is negligible, not the weight. ;) I hope that we left enough space between the screw heads and the next unit in the rack, but apparently we didn't.

Although I would think you would want an empty rack space above the LIVE for heat dispersion.

As soon as the fan at the back of the unit runs the way it should, I don't think you need to leave some space. Of course if there is a 2X100W rack tube amp just below the Torpedo Live in the rack, well this has to be reconsidered. ;)

Back