Let me see if I got it right with the Reload?

peterc52

You plug your guitar into your amp and plug your amp output into the Reload, right?

Then how do I record the amp in the DAW?

I just want to get it right because I'll be waiting for the Reload, so I have to be sure it is for me.

:)

A drawing would maybe be easier for me to see.

I looking to record with my own amps into my DAW.

I'm sorry if this already has been explained, but haven't got it yet. :scared: :confused:

guillaume_pille":8lhux6mb said:
Guitar -> DI input -> soundcard mic input -> DAW -> soundcard Line output -> Replay Input -> replay Output -> Amplifier input -> Amplifier speaker output -> Attenuator output ->
1- Loadbox output -> soundcard lIne 2 input -> DAW/sequencer + WoS III
2- Attenuator output -> cabinet
I think there's a supposed to be a DI Output that goes between DI input and soundcard mic input.

I don't think you have to use it this way if you're not wanting to record your guitar DI signal for reamping purposes later. If you're just looking to record your amp, then guitar amp -> speaker in -> speaker out -> guitar cabinet ----- Loadbox Output -> Soundcard

I think.

You then would use a cabinet simulator inside your DAW. I would think you could skip the speaker out -> guitar cabinet and just use the Reload as the loadbox, but wait for the TN guys to say.

I assume the Loadbox Output is a continuous level with a 0db and -15bd pad switch because there is no Loadbox Output level control.

This thing is prime for an effects loop...so tell them you'd like one and see if we can get them to add it. :)

This thing is prime for an effects loop...so tell them you'd like one and see if we can get them to add it. :)

I assure you I heard your message. ^^

peterc52, you can simply do the following:

Guitar -> amp instrument in ->amp speaker out -> Reload speaker in -> loadbox out -> soundcard mic preamp in

We give a version of Torpedo WoS III, our plugin embedding the Torpedo technology, to take care of the cabinet simulation/virtual miking.

The -15dB switch is a level adjustment, we suppose there is a gain control on the mic preamp that is after.

So the Reload can be used as a simple loadbox, but has additional options (DI, reamp, attenuator).

guillaume_pille":576zgqqj said:
I assure you I heard your message. ^^
:LOL: :LOL:

I'm just messing with you guys. I'm looking forward to the Reload if I can ever get some money. :D

guillaume_pille":576zgqqj said:
The -15dB switch is a level adjustment, we suppose there is a gain control on the mic preamp that is after.
Just to verify, the Loadbox Out is a constant level (0 or -15db) independent of the volume control of the reamplifier, right? So, in other words, we can run the volume all the way down so no sound is coming from the cabinet but there is still a full signal to the DAW via, Loadbox Out?

Just to verify, the Loadbox Out is a constant level (0 or -15db) independent of the volume control of the reamplifier, right? So, in other words, we can run the volume all the way down so no sound is coming from the cabinet but there is still a full signal to the DAW via, Loadbox Out?

Yes the loadbox output signal and what is sent to the re-amplifier are independent. I have to draw a proper schematics to make the product more understandable.

Back