CAB ? line out TS or TRS what cable ?

Just wanted to know when plugging in direct to mixer is the line out of the CAB a TS or TRS I know it has amp out or line out.....which do I use for cables TS or TRS ?

Any creative Ideas to route thru a mixer as in can I plug into the CAB using an aux out and then run back into the mixer so I can use the CAB to treat the signal of various input channels ?

If so could someone please explain what inputs outputs of the mixer would traditionally be used to do this sort of thing.

Sorry if this is an ignorant question Im a guitar player just learning about direct sound using a mixer without a guitar amp...

you can use either a TS or TRS cable depending on what you are connecting to. (nb;Avoid a TS to TRS cable)

Running multiple feeds via the mixer into a Torpedo may not give you the best results much as running multiple guitars though a single amp. Using the line input, there is nothing preventing you from trying this although you'll get a better result using an insert on a buss rather than an effect send. If your console is a simple one without bussing, you'd need a pre fade send (often called a monitor send) and you'd mute or put the channel fader at 0 so that 100% of the signal goes to the Torpedo. Obviously my job is to sell more Torpedoes but even if I wasn't in this role, I'd recommend an individual Torpedo for each player.

Do not under any circumstance run amplifier speaker outs into a mixer or y cables (with a Torpedo Live or vb-101)

Andy

sysexguy":2vts7xc8 said:
you can use either a TS or TRS cable depending on what you are connecting to. (nb;Avoid a TS to TRS cable)

Running multiple feeds via the mixer into a Torpedo may not give you the best results much as running multiple guitars though a single amp. Using the line input, there is nothing preventing you from trying this although you'll get a better result using an insert on a buss rather than an effect send. If your console is a simple one without bussing, you'd need a pre fade send (often called a monitor send) and you'd mute or put the channel fader at 0 so that 100% of the signal goes to the Torpedo. Obviously my job is to sell more Torpedoes but even if I wasn't in this role, I'd recommend an individual Torpedo for each player.

Do not under any circumstance run amplifier speaker outs into a mixer or y cables (with a Torpedo Live or vb-101)

Andy

Thank you Andy, I appreciate the info,

I am just now learning about inserts and aux ins and outs and I guess now that Im approaching direct mixing/recording etc. I have a whole new world of possibilities and options I had never even known about.

I can certainly see that ultimately the Torpedo Live would have really been the best piece of gear for me, but since Two Notes was kind enough to make us guitar pedal users the CAB you got a whole slew of guys who couldnt or wouldnt drop the change initially for the Torpedo Live picking up the CAB and suddenly realizing all the possibilities of such a wonderful device.

Im now approaching my gear like a rack unit and thinking I might have been better off buying rack pieces instead, as now that Im moving into recording territory Im also thinking about using a midi switcher and sheesh ...by the time Im done I can already see that I really havnt done myself any favors as far as trying to save space or simplify things, except that I have the option of disconnecting individual pieces if I really do get tired of things being complex.

I'm OK with Andy, but actually I don't see any issue with using the C.A.B. as an auxiliary effect unit.

If you are recording preamp signals (say 3 different tracks) to your DAW then sending them to the C.A.B., it is like you record 3 preamp through the same cabinet (which is quite hard to do in the real world) or you record alternatively 3 tracks through the same system (that's what we usually do in the real world).

The only downside is that the C.A.B. is mono, so the resulting track, after the C.A.B., will be a mono mix of your 3 independent tracks, and there is no possibility of changing the volume ratio between the 3 tracks after they were processed.

If the idea is to process one track, then another and so on, I see no problem with having the C.A.B. in auxiliary FX.

Back