Torpedo live and axe 2?

Gorehog

Searched the internet and couldnt find an answer.

Im wondering if its possible to use the torpedo live power amp sims to run the axe fx 2?

Hi Gorehog,

I am sorry I don't understand what you want to do: could you please explain the setup you have in mind?

Guitar -> ?

Hmm,im not really sure myself. Lol. I guess im thinking of using the TL as a power amp to see how the different tubes affect the preamp section of the ace 2. Ifits even possible.

You can easily do that. The Axe lets you bypass the power amp section and has plenty of routing ability to put the Torpedo in a loop to insert it into the chain to let the Torpedo replace the Axe power amp sim to the overall signal chain.
I've done similar set up with a Kemper but in that case I used the whole Torpedo CAB preset and let the Kemper provide the stomps, preamp section and effects after the CAB. Sounded great! I'm sure I could do the same with an AxeFx but mine is gone so I can't prove it....but it will work...

OK, so the setting you can do is:

Guitar -> Axe FX (power amp & cabinet OFF) -> Torpedo Live -> PA/Headphones

Remember the Torpedo Live is Mono, so if you want stereo effects you should put the Live in the loop and have all stereo effects routed AFTER the Torpedo Live in the Axe FX.

Yes, you can do it easily by bypassing the Axe's power amp sims and using the TL's (probably best to put the TL in the Axe's FX Loop).

I've done this with the Axe Ultra and preferred the Two Notes tube power amps sims personally, but it's subjective etc.

Ultimately I prefer real tube preamps with the Two Note's tube power amp sims and normally use my Axe Ultra for FX (great FX box!).

Back