Adding effects via line in/out

poeticprizm

Hey folks, wondering if this is possible with Two Notes Live (I searched the manual and couldn't find anything that answered my question:)

Hook up a real cab (use THRU). But before the signal hits the cab, I want to add a few effects (reverb, delays). I'm using a tube amp head which does not have an effects loop.

So, can I do this:
amp head->Torpedo Live->line out->effects->line in->power amp in Torpedo Live->output to cab?

Basically this is a signal routing question in Torpedo Live - how do the line in/out relate to the THRU output? And where does the power amp simulation inject in the signal chain?

Thanks!

Hi poeticprizm,

the reason why you don't see anything talking about that in the manual is probably because you mix up power signal with line signal. ;)

Between the amp and the Amp input on the Live, it's power signal
Between the Thru and the cabinet it's also power signal, the power being actually provided by your amp

The line out is line level signal, and the power amp modeling in the Live does not provide actual power, that can move a cabinet. ;)

This:

amp head->Torpedo Live->line out->effects->line in->power amp in Torpedo Live->output to cab?

Won't work for 2 reasons:

- you can't use the amp input and the Line input simultaneously. When you plug something into the Line input the Amp input is discarded.
- the power amp simulation does not provide actual power, and it is placed in the signal chain after the line of amp input, before the speaker simulation.

The Thru is basically a bypass of the internal loadbox.

If you need to have effects both in your real cabinet, and at the line output with speaker simulation, and if you don't have a loop, you don't have many options, you would have to run them at the input of the amp... :/

So I understand why this would not work with the Torpedo Live, but could it work with the Torpedo Studio? Could you use Amp ->, Line Out R -> Effects -> Line In L -> Line Out L ? Would there be any problems, would a reamp box be required?

Back