Switch to full style
Guillaume Pille from Two Notes is here on board to answer all your questions about their amp simulators!
Post a reply

Double-miking update

Fri, Jan 26, 2018 6:23am

FINALLY!!! Two mikes allowed on a cab in an announced update for C.A.B.!!! I f*** LOVE you, guys! :D Two Notes, you are the best! Can't wait to install this. :rock: :thumbsup:

Re: Double-miking update

Fri, Jan 26, 2018 7:04pm

:thumbsup:

Wed, Jan 31, 2018 1:21am

Hot damn!

Can't wait to try this.

So I have two Live units, this means I can use 4 mics at the same time! This will be interesting for sure. :rock:

Mon, Feb 05, 2018 10:06am

I'm pretty sure you will like that update a lot, we're having a lot of fun with the alpha version already. ;)

The Beta needs a few more weeks to be ready, we'll keep you posted.

Sat, Mar 03, 2018 4:11pm

guillaume_pille wrote:I'm pretty sure you will like that update a lot, we're having a lot of fun with the alpha version already. ;)

The Beta needs a few more weeks to be ready, we'll keep you posted.

When can we expect the release of this feature (Either beta or officially)?

Thanks!

Sat, Mar 03, 2018 4:16pm

Stoked!

Mon, Mar 05, 2018 8:24pm

I would love to try out the Beta!

Tue, Mar 06, 2018 10:43am

xiwiwix wrote:I would love to try out the Beta!

Put me on that list if there is such a thing :rock:

Tue, Mar 06, 2018 12:38pm

i'll take a beta, line forms to the left lol

Wed, Mar 07, 2018 5:56am

Hi guys, we're on track for a Beta release for Musikmesse, beginning of April. The firmware should be already 100% working so don't worry about that, it's the new torpedo remote that will take more time because of the HUGE amount of various configurations we need to be compatible with.

In other words, once your Live is updated there shouldn't be any issue with changing parameters on the product itself and build/modify presets.

Wed, Mar 07, 2018 3:33pm

since you are reworking things any chance that you could figure out a way for a high cut and low cut for each mic? would make dealing with some of the ribbons and confessors much easier

Thu, Mar 08, 2018 10:49am

guillaume_pille wrote:Hi guys, we're on track for a Beta release for Musikmesse, beginning of April. The firmware should be already 100% working so don't worry about that, it's the new torpedo remote that will take more time because of the HUGE amount of various configurations we need to be compatible with.

In other words, once your Live is updated there shouldn't be any issue with changing parameters on the product itself and build/modify presets.

:rock:

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 8:17am

since you are reworking things any chance that you could figure out a way for a high cut and low cut for each mic? would make dealing with some of the ribbons and confessors much easier

I am afraid nothing is scheduled here, BUT by mixing your ribbon with a condenser, you'll get a lot more option to shape the sound, without touching the EQ.

Thu, Apr 05, 2018 6:47am

Any news on the update??? :rock: :rock: :rock: Can't wait to test my mark III+ CAB using both a ribbon and a dynamic mic!

Thu, Apr 05, 2018 10:53am

We're still on it, making progress, but sadly we are behind of schedule. The first beta probably won't allow for 3rd party IR loading.

Fri, Apr 06, 2018 12:08am

Tick tock...

Can't wait!!

Fri, Apr 06, 2018 3:57am

guillaume_pille wrote:We're still on it, making progress, but sadly we are behind of schedule. The first beta probably won't allow for 3rd party IR loading.

What an amazing update this one will be! From the bottom of my heart "THANK YOU"!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Fri, Apr 13, 2018 2:07am

Any update on the release date of the beta???

Wed, Apr 18, 2018 3:48pm

Musikmesse is over, still nothing...

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 5:12am

Judging by ringing silence on forum, Two Notes staff are working THAT hard that don't have a time to reveal the actual progress. ;) Well, it's good! I know it's a hell of a work to be done, but could you please share with us, when the Beta will be released? Or you decided to make a final release at once bypassing all the middle links? :)

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 5:17am

Well, and because nobody will work in May because of so many holidays, I can tell you it's pretty intense in here.

i'll post some pictures if I can later. ;)

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 5:29am

:D I knew that! :lol: :LOL: We all are burning with impatience, but don't ride yourself to death on a workplace please. We need you in a good health and mood ;) Pictures would be cool indeed.

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 5:36am

:):)

Sun, Apr 29, 2018 7:43am

Does anyone know if the 2 mic update will allow for one back of cab and one front of cab miking?

Sun, Apr 29, 2018 11:38am

I don't see why not! Fingers crossed!

Mon, Apr 30, 2018 4:51am

Does anyone know if the 2 mic update will allow for one back of cab and one front of cab miking?

Yes Sir, we already add a phase switch so you can have them either out or in phase. ;)

It was a frequently asked feature, as you can guess. ^^

Mon, Apr 30, 2018 12:54pm

guillaume_pille wrote:

Yes Sir, we already add a phase switch so you can have them either out or in phase. ;)

It was a frequently asked feature, as you can guess. ^^

you da man!

Sun, May 20, 2018 11:09am

Any progress, Guillaume? :)

Mon, May 21, 2018 7:59am

Hi all,

we are now re-writing the low level USB HID interface, the communication between your Torpedo and the computer.

Increase reliability and performance is the goal, and we're on it!

Next is the 3rd party IR loader, which you will love, we made a LOT of changes .

Mon, May 21, 2018 10:05am

guillaume_pille wrote:Hi all,

we are no re-writing the low level USB HID interface, the communication between your Torpedo and the computer.

Next is the 3rd party IR loader, which you will love, we made a LOT of changes .

Mon, May 21, 2018 11:25am

guillaume_pille wrote:Hi all,

we are no re-writing the low level USB HID interface, the communication between your Torpedo and the computer.

:rock:

Fri, Jun 01, 2018 8:57am

Fri, Jun 01, 2018 12:52pm

Hahaha!!! :D It's definitely THAT feeling :lol: :LOL:

Mon, Jun 11, 2018 2:30pm

:checkthisout:

Tue, Jun 12, 2018 5:39pm

Thu, Jun 14, 2018 3:55am

Thu, Jun 14, 2018 8:59am

Thu, Jun 14, 2018 1:03pm

Mon, Jul 09, 2018 2:08pm

Any news?

Mon, Jul 09, 2018 10:44pm

I just got my Torpedo C.A.B. today. Holy cow I have a steep learning curve to climb. Mostly figuring out the differences between microphones. Looking forward to the update!

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 3:22am

Any news on the update??

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 10:18am

:p

9C3FD759-6196-4019-B3B7-E8E7ABA79373.png

Tue, Jul 10, 2018 3:40pm

Seriously! How far can you push a release of this update? You don’t even reply anymore.

Wed, Jul 11, 2018 4:58am

Dear all, here is an update on the new firmware for CAB and LIVE and new Torpedo Remote development.

I must have said it before, but the reason why it's taking so long is that we totally redesigned our software production methods thanks to some new high profile collaborators in the team. This will lead to better software quality (not only Remote, but WoS, BlendIR and any future soft will follow that new set of rules), and faster time to market to offer updates more often.

- Right now the low level communication between the Remote and all the hardware units is almost finished.
    - New remote interface is now fully resizable (no more S/M/XL fixed sizes)
    - The interaction of firmware and remote is compiled and tested in real time, all the time, ensuring very little risk of bugs
    - A MAJ for WoS is scheduled for early August (better stability, new VST3 and AU3 - sandboxing compatible - formats)
    - We're working on the compatibility with the next version of OSX which will be 64-bit only

Seriously! How far can you push a release of this update? You don’t even reply anymore.

I was in the US for 2 weeks for Gearfest and Summer NAMM, we make progress, I hope the statement I just wrote will better explain the situation. ;)

Wed, Jul 11, 2018 9:49am

guillaume_pille wrote:I was in the US for 2 weeks for Gearfest and Summer NAMM, we make progress, I hope the statement I just wrote will better explain the situation. ;)

I work in IT as a solutions architect and I know how long it takes to develop QUALITY software. The testing time along can take months and if not done properly, you'll end up spending twice as much time in customer support and re-coding not to mention a big hit on brand image. So I'm patiently waiting.

I was at both GearFest and Summer NAMM (good to live in Nashville) and I visited the Two Notes booth at GearFest and played with the Le Bass and CAB. Big reason they now live on my board. If I'd have known who you were, I'd have introduced myself.

Just wanted to thank you for your wonderful products and let you know that I'm very excited about the upcoming releases. The sizeable window alone makes me very happy as well as my Mac no longer telling me you need to update your software. LOL!

I'm a bass player, so my board pales in comparison to some of my guitar playing friends, but there is a LOT of tone on this board:

IMG_2557.jpg

Wed, Jul 11, 2018 11:53am

chadhargis wait, we didn't meet? I was on the booth for both events. I know I like to check other booths and not stay too static on my own, but we should have seen me! Find me on Facebook, you'll see my face, maybe I didn't introduce myself! ^^

Regarding the development, we needed to start working like any other big company regarding software production quality control, we're almost there!

Thu, Jul 12, 2018 3:16am

guillaume_pille wrote:Dear all, here is an update on the new firmware for CAB and LIVE and new Torpedo Remote development.

I must have said it before, but the reason why it's taking so long is that we totally redesigned our software production methods thanks to some new high profile collaborators in the team. This will lead to better software quality (not only Remote, but WoS, BlendIR and any future soft will follow that new set of rules), and faster time to market to offer updates more often.

- Right now the low level communication between the Remote and all the hardware units is almost finished.
    - New remote interface is now fully resizable (no more S/M/XL fixed sizes)
    - The interaction of firmware and remote is compiled and tested in real time, all the time, ensuring very little risk of bugs
    - A MAJ for WoS is scheduled for early August (better stability, new VST3 and AU3 - sandboxing compatible - formats)
    - We're working on the compatibility with the next version of OSX which will be 64-bit only

I was in the US for 2 weeks for Gearfest and Summer NAMM, we make progress, I hope the statement I just wrote will better explain the situation. ;)

:rock: :rock: :rock: Ur the man! :D :D :D

Thu, Jul 12, 2018 2:27pm

guillaume_pille wrote:chadhargis wait, we didn't meet?

It's quite possible you handed me the bass at GearFest. It was literally so loud I wouldn't have heard you if you introduced yourself. I think the Tech21 booth was next door and someone was shredding on the new Dug pedal or something. But it was very, very loud.

I ran through NAMM so fast I missed a lot.

Tue, Aug 07, 2018 10:43am

:poke:

Thu, Aug 09, 2018 5:22am

OK, so what's new:

- We are working on the GUI which is the last stage of development. All the low level code is done and working, and way more efficient
- because you guys had so much time to wait, I consider adding a few more options that we didn't communicate about yet, to make the update more spectacular. ;)
Post a reply