Two notes Torpedo Reload - Reamping Problem

Zeratul

Hello,
I have problem with my new torpedo reload, when i want use reamping.

On first video I only test replay Match function.
Why i can't use correction set to 50%, but 75%?

On second video I simulate problem with reamping.
I absolutely can't simulate correct Reamp settings with matching DI input and REPLAY output.

I use:
Guitar Jackson SL2M with Seymour Duncan TB6 Distortion pickups.
Two notes Torpedo Reload fo DI box and Reamp box.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd generation audio interface.

Thanks for support.
Zeratul

Hi Zeratul,

Why i can't use correction set to 50%, but 75%?

I must ask: why should it be 50%? the DI out (mic level) and the Replay (Line level) IN are just two different things. The unity gain when shortcutting the DI and Replay is indeed 75%. But that's not how that function should be used. :confused:

On the second video, depending on your guitar pickup level, and on the soundcard level (including both the input gain and the output level, both play into this), it's impossible to guess what is the ideal Match knob position. You have to adjust, that's indeed the purpose of that function.

Hi guillaume_pille,

Thank you for your answer.

1. Now I understand. Before I don't know, balanced DI XLR output is microphone level and TRS Replay input is line level.

2.Yesterday i have can option to connect my guitar to oscliloscope and meter peak to peak signal.
I meter 10Vpp output from guitar.
This is loud.

For info:
10Vpp = 3,5Vrms = 13,2dBu = 11dBV

If Scarlett 2i4 have only 10dBu TRS output. This is can answer for imposibble matching Di input and Replay output signal level.

Option is change soundcard.

10V pp is very high and quite unusual, and your soundcard doesn't have a very high output. On your case, either you bury the pickups in the guitar body to lower the output (but I guess you put those pickups on purpose, even if I don,'t really see the point) or you need another soundcard I'm afraid. Avoid USB-powered soundcard by all means.

Back